Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Thursday 20 July 2017

The Five Units Challenge - Report #3 - Growing Household

The Clump family lives on, and in this report from my ongoing challenge twins Rudolph and Sammy will grow up! In future reports there will probably be less pictures per lifestage, but right now I'm enjoying watching the everyday actions of the toddlers, and have to share :)


I'm impressed with how well adults take care of their small children on free will. My only complaint is that when I check what action they are up to, the thumb will not tell, because so many interactions starts with Talk or Walk, etc. I can tell they initiated something, but I'm not able to see whether I should interrupt them or if it's the action I wanted them to perform.

Most of the time their choices are spot on, though.


Abraham's got the Bodybuilder aspiration, and he finally got his basketball hoop. It was a want of his, and because there were 2 wants locked already, I had to spend way too many Simoleons on this object in order to being able to locking a new want this morning. With 3 kids they need to expand the house, but can't afford it...


Abraham bring in good money by painting. He is on level 6, and most works bring in §300 or more. On good days he can sell 3 of those, but some days simply get too busy with the kids. He's sold just one masterpiece yet. Twins Rudolph (left) and Sammy like to watch their dad paint :)


A visitor knocked on the door, and I pretend he is an art collector who wants to buy Abraham's latest work. And so he did.


Sylvia had this want for ages, to cloudgaze with Abraham. They finally found the time to lay down on the path, LOL. Looks like kids have already prepared the ground...


Rudolph is probably the more messy of the two, he makes a mess everywhere. I've not paid much attention to parenting the kids this far, they have told toddlers to not do what they do etc, on a few occasions, but it probably takes a lot more to have any impact on their manners. Any way, Rudolph is unstoppable...


Finally baby Fiona grew up! Her DNA is unveiled, and buuuh, although she is a charming toddler, she meets none of the requirements! Goal is to bring on black hair and green eyes, and she got it all wrong. Does this mean that Sylvia and Abraham should go for a forth child...? This challenge states that each couple can only have 3 pregnancies, and they have one more go.


I don't think I can handle a household with 4 toddlers, but luckily it's the twin's birthday! Rudolph and Sammy will probably make less mess as children, besides they will be out of the house during school hours.


And here they are! When toddlers grow up, their creative, mental, motor and social state is displayed, helping to decide their child aspiration. I love this, although I don't expect this to have any impact on choosing their adult aspiration later on. I always wanted the game to at least give a couple suggestions based on the sim's previous efforts.

Rudolph (black hair) scores 2 on both Motor and Creativity, and because of all the colorful mess he made, I chose Creativity for him.

Sammy scored 2 on Creativity only, so he gets the same aspiration as his twin brother.


It gets even more lively when dad built a house on the block playing table, and both toddler and children can play together.


Rudolph was commanded by mom to empty the trash, and to my surprise Sammy was already busy cleaning up the toddler mess outside! I can't say for sure that nobody directed him to do so, but if he initiated it by free will he can be a savior when mom and dad are too exhausted to do anything but sleep.


Sammy (blond) needs glasses. It's a DNA thing I keep track on manually, and that I wish the game could handle. Here they watch dad repairing the sink, I wonder if they will give it a try by free will some day?


Tonight I found Rudolph and Sylvia outside, Rudolph on his knees. What's going on? Was he begging mom for something that I missed? And yes - Sylvia is pregnant again!


Finally the house was expanded, but only with 1 tile left and 1 tile up. It allows for some more walls separating the bedrooms, and we all know how the joy from upgrading a 2x3 bathroom to 3x3 :)  They really could need one extra bathroom, I miss the shower, but they couldn't afford the combo tub.

Outdoor units have not yet been planned, might have a look at it in my next report.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment