Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Sunday 4 March 2018

As Days Go By - Changes for this blog

Changes coming to this blog! I always played The Sims in a complex community like way, regardless of series. Rotating households, building community structures that are not necessarily handled by the game itself, keeping track on more genetics than the game actually opens for, knowing exactly what sim is responsible for specific community matters. It took a while for TS4 to grab me, but even when playing stand alone stories, I normally end up keeping all my families within a common universe of time, rules and residents. They are all somehow connected.


With constantly more worlds added, my families did spread, and it's time for me to look into the larger community. I'm now re-introducing many of the community rules and assets fro my Simmerville hood back on TS1 and TS2.

All my sims and stories relay to the same year count and in some stories you might even recognize background sims from other worlds and stories. Families which were introduced through my "Sims by Numbers" (2014) in my Gloomville (aka Willow Creek) are still around, following the same time span and rules as the families in my newer projects.

I've now put all those worlds together in a large map, called "Region 12". I assume SimCity is the next big city up north, and all is naturally part of Sim Nation. All areas of Region 12 are represented in a common regional council overseeing laws, rules and taxes, such as the farm rights I had i TS2. This time around it will all be a little looser, like for the regional council I will only name a few members, and the rest of the council will simply be someone else. The structures will often be more important than the exact details.

With families living in 5 different worlds (Gloomville, Oasis Spring, Newcrest, San Myshuno, Brindleton Bay) I can't dive into details on household level as much as I did in the previous series. All households will be checked on regularly, but only a few will be reported in detail here on the blog, often with various community matters as a common reference. There won't be personal diaries and family trees either, but all "As Days Go By" entries will be tagged with both hood and family names, making it easier to look them up. Many entries will describe a community aspect, so this will somehow be a cool way to show you how I play.

All my previously running TS4 stories will be closed accordingly. I would prefer making this all as films for my Youtube channel, but it would be too time consuming. My film series "Life Unlimited" and "San Myshuno Undercover" will be continued though - mind you, those families are also in my "As Days Go By" universe :)

Hang on!

No comments:

Post a Comment