Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Sunday 13 May 2018

The Five Units Challenge - Report 30 - Dorothy's secret

So, they were back from their quick vacation, let's take a closer look at Olivia! After all, she is the third and last main sim in this challenge. This challenge will be successful if Olivia's futur main heir maxes out all five required skills while Donna is still alive. Will it be possible? (Challenge rules here)


Olivia became a teen, and her traits are now Self-assured Loner and Chief Mischief. That might be some interesting personality!

Skills wise she had not a lot to report, but I guess those skills mainly start building at this point. She will need to max out her grandparents' chosen skills, which are painting and cooking, but she must also max out whatever skill her mom Donna will choose, as well as one skill that Olivia will choose. Phew, better get started, girl!


The three women of the house were gathered in the livingroom.

- So Donna, did you and Sammy meet Fiona that night?, Sylvia asked.
- No, mom. We saw her hubby though, but he escaped before we could reach him.
- Well, you should try again. They could all come for dinner next Sunday.

Sylvia might have become a bit old and forgetting. They had no contact with Donna's sister Fiona for some time, it was not very likely that Fiona would bring her family for dinner any day soon.


In the kitchen there was an old photo of Fiona and Donna taken before Fiona moved out. Donna watched it, how could a sweet and caring sister like Fiona cut off all contact, just like that? She had to go back to San Myshuno to look for her once more!

But today Sylvia headed to Newcrest Main where she had suggested to meet her friend Dorothy Flemming. Or that is, Sylvia recently got to know that Dorothy's real name was Donald Flemming!


Over the years, Sylvia had had a certain feeling that something was strange about Dorothy. That raspy voice of hers, how weird she looked when aging. Today Sylvia had demand her friend to show up as her real person, showing her male alter ego.


And there she was at the pub, sitting with a glass of red nectar in her hand. Dorothy's appearance was very different, Sylvia hardly recognized her.


- Hello Sylvia. So, this is me...

Sylvia got seated, but totally forgot to buy herself a drink.
- Donald..., she said. - I'll need a few minutes...

No makeup, no dress, no Dorothy. Why all this?


- I just happened to prefer dressing up like a woman, Dorothy said. - It's become natural to me, sorry if you feel I fooled you.
- It's probably okay, Sylvia said. - I just need your help to understand it all.


Dorothy told her about the complex life, where he preferred dressing feminine, while he actually was still a straight man inside. It was very complicated, and not something he would have chosen just to make himself more interesting.

- Oh, I never thought you did this to get attention, Sylvia said. - I just can't believe we were friends many years and I never noticed.
- You never noticed?, Dorothy asked. - How is that even possible? Not even I think I'm something more than a freak show.
- Ha, there were times I found you different, and perhaps a bit strange, but it never struck my mind that you were male. I probably just thought of you as a creative photographer needing to be a bit eccentric.


Sylvia smiled.
- Listen, to me you will still be the same, ...Dorothy. Our friendship did not change!
- Thanks, my friend!, Dorothy said relieved. - I need someone to stand up for me. I must go now, Sylvia, could you please pay the bartender?

Few weeks later August and Olivia were busy in the garden. I've tried to spot their interests, and I do believe August likes music and probably want to play an instrument, but Olivia had still not shown any particular hobby related desire. There's no point in having Donna telling Olivia about the challenge before Donna has decided on her own chosen skill, I think Donna should even build her garden unit based on that skill, before Olivia gets involved. Basically Donna should hurry up a little.


August obviously tried to grill something, like they constantly do on free will, despite someone already preparing a group meal in the kitchen. It's also a problem that they prefer using the outdoor counter to mix ingredients, even when they need to use the stove in the kitchen. I thought they did so because the garden counter was more expensive, but upgrading the kitchen counter caused no change at all.


Well, August tried to kill the flames, then Olivia rushed to assist him - both on free will, meaning they are both rather brave.


I thought. Because when the fire was totally extinguished, they both panicked and rushed away to the street. Hey, it's totally safe in he garden now!

The same night Donna told them that she planned a trip to San Myshuno.


- Oh, can I come with you, mom? I wanna sing karaoke!
Donna smiled. If her son was interested in singing, they could both visit a karaoke bar! But not tonight.
- I'm off to meet your uncle Sammy, Donna said. - But we'll sure go singing some other night!

Donna headed for the Artist Quarter early. Sammy was still not around.


It was dark, and the square seemed empty. Over there was the building where they lost track of Fiona's hubby the other night. That was already weeks ago.


Oh, suddenly a person appeared, crossing the square. It did not look like... but could it be...?

Yes, it had to be Fiona, but she looked so different!


- Fiona!, Donna called.
- Uh...? What you do here?
Donna noticed her sister's tired look. Her face was dirty and spotty, her body covered with tattoos. - What happened to you? Why do you never answer our calls?


- Stop sneaking around, Donna! There's no reason to spy on me like this!
- Fiona, we just miss you! And we want you to have a good life, that's all.
- Well, I did not succeed, okay? Ayaan took my phone away from me and life stinks, but I can deal with it, um?!!!

It was hard for Donna to let go. Fiona had always been very concerned with her own looks, few years back she even worked hard to become an social media personality, blogging every little change in her life. That stopped shortly after she moved in with her hubby Ayaan, and they even had a baby girl.


- Why all those tattoos? And look at your nails, since when did you stop painting them?
- Argh, stop being noisy! I'll tell Ayaan, and his friends will keep you away!
- How is Nadia?, Donna asked. - I'm Nadia's auntie, I'd love to see her.
Fiona was silent for a few seconds, like if she was thinking real hard. - She is find, I think. And so is her bro, Alexander. I did not see them in a few days...
- Come visit us, Fiona, mom is getting old, and all she wants is to reestablish contact with you.
- Not possible!
- Dinner. Sunday at 5 PM.

Then Fiona ran off.

No comments:

Post a Comment