Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Sunday 8 June 2014

Seagull Cottage - Chapter 1 Introduction

New story packed with mysteries and local history! This is the run-up to one of two long term legacies. Follow from the very start if you like a different The Sims 4 read!

Bridgeport, 1 week ago

Cathrina and Alexander Wooblershield, both young adults and recently wed - yes, to each other - rented a tiny flat in a dusty quarter of the city. They had chosen to rent instead of buying, because they wanted to spend a couple years working and saving up funds, before buying their own real home. It was only a year since they married, but their relation already had its ups and downs. They both figured they could live with it as long as the downs didn't involve jealousy. Whenever they made some grand money, everything should become much easier!


This morning they ate breakfast together. Alexander had a few days off the gas station, and Cathrina would not work at the Golden Frog's Diner until 5 PM.

Cathrina: Oh my... there's a letter for ME from a Lawyer!

Alex: What? That sounds pretty serious?

Cathrina: Wait... uhm... yes... wait... WAIT... I mean... OH! Great-Aunt Gloria... dead... It says I've inherited some sort of a HOTEL!

Alex: What?


Cathrina: Gloria Moonster! She was mom's aunt, I met her only once when I was a child. She had no kids, and because mom is dead, and mom's only brother, Donald, died about 10 years ago, and uncle Donald's son just died... oh, my, sounds like they all just died, really?

Alex: And you get her hotel? I can't believe it, let me see the letter!

Cathrina: Alex, I'm the only relative still alive!

Alex: It's not a hotel, sweet silly! It says Seagull Cottage Bed & Breakfast. That's not a hotel, but just a house with a few extra rooms for guests... Now, let's go for a walk, we need some fresh city air...


Cathrina: It's still a great something! It could be our once in a lifetime chance, Alex! Should we move there?

Alex: Why? You could just sell it, and we could probably buy whatever city flat we want here in Bridgeport!

Cathrina: I want to go there! We should at least check it out - Seagull Cottage sounds nice, I think!


Alex: It's probably some old ruin that we couldn't afford fixing... besides, I like it here in the city. Galucca... sounds creepy!

Cathrina: I've never been there, but I'm pretty sure granny and Gloria were raised there, and that it's a rather big town. They probably have gas stations, too, if you mind...

Alex: Our friends, sweet silly! Wouldn't you miss our friends? We wouldn't know anyone in Galucca.


Cathrina: Oh, my! I want to go, Alex. Please, just for the weekend! Our flat is only paid for this month, and we know we might need to move out when the Landlord's son returns from SimCity, anyway!

Alex: I don't think we would do well hosting a Bed & Breakfast... you know I don't like sudden changes like this.

Cathrina: Neither do I. I just have this feeling that this is our chance. We might have a garden there, too! Don't cottages normally come with a garden? And you could finally have the cat you talked about since we met!


Alex: What do you know about your great-aunt Gloria Moonster?

Cathrina: Not much. When mom died we had not heard from Gloria in a long, long time. And she didn't attend mom's funeral. She probably was sick and lonely in the end, she died at 107! I think she used to be married, though. There might even have been a son or daughter, too, but it seems unlikely now that I'm getting her Seagull Cottage...


Alex: Sweet silly, I know you are dead serious. Sometimes you just get too ambitious, too quickly. But well, I don't see why we can't go there. If it doesn't work out, at least we gave it a try!

Cathrina: Aw, Alex!


Cathrina: Being the only alive relative makes me feel guilty for not having kids yet. How about you, Alex?

Alex: Mmmm... but you are supposed to be at work in 30 minutes. You better get going.

Cathrina: Sure, I'm off, and I'll ask them for a week off. Anyway, suitcases brought down from the attic, we'll start packing tomorrow! For once it's good we don't own the entire world!

Alex: Shouldn't we invite our friends for a goodbye burger at the Golden Frog?


Cathrina: Nope. It would only give us second thoughts. And, if we decide to run the hotel... uhm, bed & breakfast, we'll rather invite everyone for a party at our own Seagull Cottage!

Alex: Galucca, here we come!

(to be continued in one week)

No comments:

Post a Comment