Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Tuesday 30 August 2016

What this autumn brings

Hello! I just wanted to share a few thoughts about what to expect from this blog and my new Youtube channel during this autumn. It's pretty typical that I get into my games and sims projects again, now that my real life actually looks too busy for this all. Been there before, I know that it will be trigging my creative juices.

Well, like I promised earlier, two of my long going stories will be back this autumn, it seems to be «Hope Terra» and «Seagull Cottage B&B». They will both have regular updates on this blog every 3-4 weeks. Not sure how many chapters each will have yet, but I expect 6 to 8.

The Ugly Wickerwood will take a break. This story started as a immediate substitute back when my computer crashed and all old stories were paused. Wickerwood was played on my laptop with only 2 EPs installed, also missing all my CC. I think the story will resume at some time, although it might not have the greatest plot of time :)

Lately, I've been dragged towards creating sims movies. That's why I opened the Simmerville channel on Youtube. This far only old TS2 clips were posted, and I found a few more that will be shared on the channel over the next month or so. My old Movie Maker no longer works, and because I'm on a budget right now, I will need to try some software that is free or inexpensive. Need some time to sort all of it out, before I can publish movies from TS3 or TS4.

My problem right now is that I can not decide - I was thinking of making «Hope Terra» or «Seagull Cottage» as movie series instead of just blog updates, but then I realized that any movie story should rather be recorded in a new world that is not filled with inactive households and generations of game memory. Both the two stories might be in worlds that are too choppy and slow. I even thought of remaking «Gloomville Diaries» (TS4) because I think it will be easier to tell a complicated story on film than on numerous blog updates where smaller hints might get lost.

Or - I might rather make up a brand new story. No matter what movie I choose, there will probably be a few test films. I will need to test out stuff before getting on with the bigger job. No matter what, this blog will be updated more frequently than before, so please hang around! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment