Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Saturday 30 March 2019

New Residents Index Coming Soon!

I'm doing it again! A full fleshed out Residents Index for all my sims of all my worlds!

On my old TS2 site I had a detailed and quite cool index of my residents, with info on their personality, careers, interests, lifeline and more. There was even a family tree making it easy to see their relations, and an easy way to switch to another sim's bio. You will find the old index here - some info seems to be broken, but click some links and you'll get the idea. Each sim even had their individual diary page!!!


For TS4 I will do it a bit more simple, like skipping the family tree. It's been too long since I programmed anything in Javascript, besides I play rather slowly so there wouldn't be that many generations to explore, anyway. I can't just transfer the old TS2 script, because TS4 sims have a different set of info that no longer match my old programming.

The main reason why I'm creating this index, is that in my community I often need a search tool to find certain sims. Say, who are single, YA and of a certain social class? Who works in the Business career and might be candidates for a new top job? Who would be candidates for a new council election? I do keep all the info in a spreadsheet, but it gets quite hard to find a group of sims based on specific data. I can scroll to find ideas, but not to see the bigger picture. Besides, it would be nice storing all residents' photos somewhere - and to share all this with you.

This new index might be up and running within a week, but it will probably take much longer to add all my residents - there are probably more than 250 of them including those who died already. I'll of course post again when it's due to take a look :)

No comments:

Post a Comment