Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Wednesday 24 November 2021

Historical video series coming

It's been quiet on the blog because I've been busy elsewhere, in Mazaloom kingdom to be exact. You might know that I love history and detailed backgrounds for my sims, and although I never played their first decades, I have their full family trees with the main events of their lives. This Fall I grabbed the Sims Medieval game, and I had fun playing out the assumed origin of some of my most noble Houses. And naturally, I had to make a video series based on it all :)

King Baltazar II of Mazaloom

The main royal House of the series was never really given much focus in my game. I don't play royals, only nobilities like dukedoms, baronies and a bunch lords/ladies. House de Froux was top of the bunch back in the early days, and they kept going for a couple generations, before they expired. The throne was taken over by another house and finally ditched as result of the Great Revolution, taking place in Year 118.

However, this video series covers only the first 5 years, with 5 episodes each lasting 10 minutes. The response will decide whether I make more seasons as I intend following the Mazaloom kingdom onwards. It is in these first years my played houses are involved anyway; House of Saxor, House of Thebe, House of Brixerwood and House von Donnersmalt. I will introduce the main characters in a soon to come post, as the series go online in less than a week - on November 28th!

Sims Medieval is rather tricky to use for movie making though, as I prefer capturing the screen rather than using the built-in video tool. So, this series is made in a different way than anything I did before - it might be hot or not. It made production less time consuming, and works kind of as a documentary format, I think. You'll find out for yourself this coming weekend!

Added: Episode 1

2 comments:

  1. Great to see you connecting your families together across different games.
    Looking forward to seeing what you've been working on too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, today is the day :) Thanks for feedback, I hope you won't get disappointed. This project is a tad different than what I made in the past.

      Delete