Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Sunday 28 November 2021

MAZALooM Medieval Cast

The premiere of my brand new video series MAZALooM Medieval is just around the corner. So, I thought it would be a good idea to give you a brief introduction to the cast ;)

Cast and story is actually the origin to many of the families in my current TS4 universe. I had lots of fun trying to match the Sims Medieval looks and limitations with my existing historical facts - that are actually quite many. From my early notes I even knew the DNA of the cast, as well as the birth year of their children etc. Thankfully, I had very restricted notes describing their everyday life except knowing when they got their peerages.

I could go on forever listing what houses are descending from the Medieval characters, but as I realize it would easily be over the top on the nerd barometer, I'll go with the headlines for now:

Baltazar de Froux is the Monarch for most of those first five years. He is married to Queen Coldine Anima (born Thebe), and they have a son from the start, Prince Rupert. More children to come, and this is the tricky part as I did not find a way to cheat gender and genetics to match my notes.

Well, Baltazar is not your typical king. Officially he hired a Royal Advisor, but there is also a secret advisor that normally gets the final word :) He is greedy and chivalrous, but also suffers from insomnia.

House de Froux expired long, long ago. They failed to produce male heirs, and I don't think they are around anymore, at least not in my Region 12. Might show up a daughter I've not been aware of, though. But - there are  families of today that can trace their roots back to King Baltazar II - if you check the family tree you can see who they are :)

Wilhelm Donnersmalt is the Mazaloom kingdom's Knight. He starts as a single man with a little more temper than the average villager. I knew nothing about his past, but it turned out he might have been a pirate, although he denied it to the king. He is a warmonger, and as soon as the town walls are up and security strengthened with more Guards, he won't rest but focus more on expanding the kingdom - more than the king, even.

Wilhelm eventually became Baron of Verde, controlling Oasis Springs. House von Donnersmalt expired not so long ago, but many families of Region 12 descend from Wilhelm. There actually exist a couple von Donnersmalt sims in Brindleton Bay, but they are no longer qualifying for a House. Today's new House of Sax-Donnersmalt is echoing the old House von Donnersmalt.

Wilhelm is adventurous and eloquent, but his cruel side might get the better of him.

Victor Saxor is the village's Blacksmith. He ranks rather high at the king's table, because he forges swords and other equipment for the royal army. Victor enjoy his solitude, so being alone in his smithy or the Monastery is good. He distrusts most villagers, and when a local woman shows some romantic interest he kind of hides because he assumes she is after his money. There are two good men that Victor admires, though, so he is not totally isolated in his hot hut. He is a haggler, but most of all he is dedicated to his profession.

House of Saxor is today one of the wealthiest houses in Region 12. They hold the Meadows dukedom, which is the modern half of San Myshuno. There exists an old painting of Victor Saxor, but there he is elderly and grey, and it was kind of hard getting his looks right. And I had no idea he started out as a Blacksmith, either.

Ronan Brixerwood is the village's Physician. He starts out as a single man dedicated to his profession and his goal of curing all patients except the lovely Kelsey - by not curing her, she will keep seeing him at the Clinic. He is secretly in love, but things develops rather quickly. Ronan wants to hire a Caretaker, and his plan is to test new medicines and mixtures on him - poor guy. But then weird stuff happens when some stranger obviously decides to sabotage Ronan's Clinic...

Ronan is excitable and a creative cook, but he loves gambling, and I think he might be ruining his chances. Perhaps a marriage can save him?

These days House of Brixerwood has gone extinct, too. They had their seat in Gloomville, and both House of Crumpleton and House von Kaching are strong descendants. But there are many more as they spread widely in the past.

Courtis Thebe is the unlucky bird in this company of greedy warriors. He is a friendly jokester, but being cowardly he avoids all conflicts. And he probably should try a herb diet. He did actually sit on the Throne, but he was challenged and ended up in the Tavern instead of the Castle! He quickly learned to play the lute, but he is hardly inspired enough to impress anyone. He and his wife, Evita (born Moxerfall), might plan some revenge, but will they ever find a chance to execute it?

Their daughter Cordelia Thebe is well known today. She loves playing sword fights with other kids, and she has no memory of actually being a born Princess.

House of Thebe still exists, and they are currently holding the Myshuno barony. The Baron is still a teenager, and I wonder if he actually is aware of that his ancestor and founder of the House, Courtis, used to play the lute at a medieval Tavern?


I also had notes showing what years were peaceful and when the conflicts or wars occurred. And I try to get most of this correct. (as if anyone would know if I messed up and forgot about a war or two, LOL). This first season covers only the first 5 years. I don't know yet if there will be any second season - guess time will tell (I have no notes to guide me on that matter).

Premiere tomorrow, November 28th!

Added: Watch the full season 1 here


2 comments:

  1. Simmerville. Simmerville. I have been in love with your Sims, websites, blogs, and your OCD form of organization, note-taking, statistics, etc since 2002! LoL The exception being, you do all that work and actually stick to it. I do it for awhile, realize it's slowly driving me out of my mind, and either cut back on much of the stats, or just leave altogether! I love that you have still hung in there through all of these years. Do you foresee that you will continue into Sims 5, should that ever come out? And if I may ask a personal question; after over 20 years, I have never known if this is being written by a male brain or a female brain. Would it be too invasive to ask if you are male or female? If it is, just tell me and I won't ask about it again. But I have always been curious. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, and thanks for your very encouraging input :) Following my gaming for 20 years is quite a merit, I almost pity you, LOL :) I rarely do anything without diving to details, and if I get caught by a new idea, I might disappear into that project for a long time. It's not a quality I am proud of re gaming, but when I work as Writer, it's a good thing being able to keep focus. But, I see TS4 took up way too much of my time, and I have decided not to move on to TS5. Regarding my brain it's basically male, while getting lost in a project no gender borders exist, though.
      Happy new year!

      Delete