Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Friday 23 May 2014

3 tales of SIMbepi - complexity of the past

My first The Sims 3 project, I think, was "the 3 tales of SIMbepi". A pretty detailed plot, with separate stories woven together, and featuring an interactive map allowing the reader to look for more information. The map was never 100% completed, but it certainly pushed the reader to investigate the case :)

Even so, I think the project was a bit too complex to most readers, and I know from forums that regulars from the Simmerville Hood site found the SIMBepi project confusing and weird. I enjoyed it a lot though, creating a pretty unique plot that nobody but myself were able to understand, I think :)


It all took place in Rosewood, actually a copy of Sunset Valley. It starts with an interactive intro-story (click on the banner below to get to the intro), which I still think was pretty cool. Then it all got started as three locals were given the SIMbepi mission, to write a diary for 33 simdays, then passing their mission on to some other ocal, and return their manuscript to the old mine. Along the road there were a few mysteries, not to forget poor Dorothy trying to reveal her real identity.


There is a decent story behind it all, which I assume might have worked better in other formats. Although the series stopped, the master plan was released, so anyone getting into this will find most of the answers. If you decide to give it a go, you should at least read the diaries of Bonet Jones, Bhera Moulino and Dorothy O'Brian - before you check out the master diary :) If not you will probably not find the latter one interesting at all.

Enjoy! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment