Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Saturday 17 May 2014

Shops of Simmerville hood

My greatest project of the past was my Simmerville website. It started early 2001, and was closed nearly nine years later. When The Sims 3 was released, my The Sims 2 game was already unplayable because of too much content for my old computer. Simmerville became a pretty busy community spot, with so much content that I often felt bad for any newcomers trying to get on top of it all :)  Now, four years later, even I have trouble navigating that site. It's so packed with content that you simply can't find it all, even if you try very hard. Muha!

In this post I'll guide you to the old section of downloads. Most of it was in a section called SHOPPING, and it contained several stores ran by local sims residing the Simmerville hood. I knew them all, because they were all born in my game, some were running a business that their parent or grandparent once founded.

Little Shop Of Arts, ran by Adrian Hanssen, was one of my favourite shops in Simmerville. Creating new decor items, mainly posters and paintings, but also signs and cork boards, trigged lots of creativity. And creativity is actually a word that I feel describes these games well.

Gobelin Fashion, ran by 3rd generation, Petunia Gobelin. It was another popular store, actually founded back in my The Sims 1 game. My own creations for download wasn't really great, ha-ha, but the store itself was pretty decent.

You can check out all the The Sims 2 downloads here.

No comments:

Post a Comment