Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Thursday 17 July 2014

This is how my stories connect

I've played the sims series on and off ever since 2001, meaning I enjoyed all numbers up to now; The Sims 1, The Sims 2 and The Sims 3. I don't know yet how my take on The Sims 4 will be, but I will find out soon enough :)

All these years I liked to create my own worlds and to make stories, and most of those stories found their way to various websites and blogs. I ran Simmerville Hood for many years, until it became way to tedious. You see, I will normally keep track on every single sim in my hood or town, meaning it can easily become more detail management than actual game play.


Nearly all my current games and stories are related to one another, so I need to manage not just one town, but multiple! It started with SimBasic, where 4 couples stranded on a tiny island and built up a small community on Magna Island (aka Maccaroni Island) which now has reached 4th generation. The SimBasic story was completed, but continued in the still going Greench Farm legacy. The little community eventually made contact with Town of Galucca, which didn't exist at that time, so I just had to create the new world in CAW (Create a World). And because I'm a sucker for details, I just as well started to play Galucca's story 200 years before the contact was even made with the Magna Island (SimBasic). A noble family settled there, and brought a few handcrafting families, and from there the town developed over 200 years!

Yet another story, unveiling the many mysteries at Seagull Cottage Bed & Breakfast, naturally takes place in Galucca. If you follow Seagull Cottage, you might like to know that reading the Galucca blog will give you detailed insight in the backstories (although it's not required to read the Galucca blog in order to enjoy the Seagull story).


Finally, I also run a story about my always complaining Test Sims, the Detesters. This story started out in Twinbrook, and the little family was primarily used to test downloaded content. Recently they moved to work for Galucca Imports, Inc., and there they meet some of the locals that you will recognize from some of my other stories. The Detesters story will be published on this blog later this Summer!

Shortly, a group from Magna Island (Greench Farm legacy) will visit Galucca! That was the actual reason why I created Galucca in the first place. I can't wait to see these still primitively living descendants from those 4 stranded couples, walking through the Galucca City region for the first time! It will feel like a mission completed, although I know it just started! With all these stories and all the creative work behind it, there's no way I can quit The Sims 3 just because of The Sims 4. I will need to go on with the lives of those sims, finding out what their stories will reveal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment