Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Wednesday 7 September 2016

Back to The Sims 4 - Dine Out

So, I'm currently planning to create a new series as a movie instead of lots of pictures and text on this blog. Movies will be much easier to follow, and I think it will also be easier for you to pick up clues to understand the plot. Even quicker to catch up for those coming late to the party.

A more instant experience.

I've not yet decided whether this will be filmed in TS3 or TS4, there might be several series because I want to try both. I'm hoping to introduce the first episodes during September. Because both «Seagull Cottage B&B» and «Hope Terra» takes place in TS3, the first movie is likely to take place in the TS4 universe.

Recently I got the rather new game pack, Dine Out, and along with testing a new install, I also had fun testing the art of running a restaurant. This was one of my favorite things to do back in TS2.

In my old TS4 hood, Gloomville (used in story Gloomville Diaries as well as Sims by Numbers) the old trad Muggerdale Fair got a slight makeover, and I created a new elderly woman to manage the place.


This is originally an old farmers' market. Now also with a thriving backyard restaurant :)



The hostess' stand was placed next to the fenced in birds (yes, some farmer sell flamingos...). Five tables filled the yard. The chef works indoor, right behind those wall signs. You also see a bar, it used to be here, and why not keeping it? The manager can serve it, or hire help. Probably won't interfere with the restaurant business though, unless some bar stools are added...


It can get too crowded at times, and I'm not talking about guests. I think these two guests would rather be alone than to be served by two waiters AND the manager at the same time :)

Two waiters seem to work much better than just one, quite early. They have different personalities, so unless they are having the same traits, they will fill each other out, like if one of them clean the place, it's not a problem that the other one is a slob...


Oh, by accident I noticed the hostess taking guests away from the yard, and yupp, the two picnic tables also work as seating for guests... Can't remember if these two guests gave a poor rate in the end...


On her opening day there was not just one food critic, but TWO!!! No wonder why manager looks a bit upset.


Finally, it's quite a tough job managing a restaurant, even if it's on a peaceful location filled with traditions. The manager collapsed between the tables, and gave me a laugh :)

By the way, when playing other households they can visit your restaurant. They will meet the entire management except the manager. Dining out is quite pleasant as your sims can be seated all night if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment