Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Tuesday 15 October 2019

Bon Voyage Retirement Home - Part 2 of 5

So, Tammy Oaksdale started her temporary job as the Manager of Bon Voyage Retirement Home. She knew it will be risky financially, but no matter how hard this job might get, she depends on finding lodgers. In this mini series (max 5 parts) you'll hopefully find a few tips for running your own retirement home. Also, if you like to download this build, check out part 1 :)

Now, let's hear it from Tammy Oaksdale:


- Hello again! After the rather busy yesterday, with guests and lots of stuff to prepare, I was actually hoping for a quiet day today. I still need to find time to practice on Gourmet cooking and flower arranging. But in the morning a familiar old woman was right there at the entrance.

Wilma Fionella B. Crumpleton.


Wilma has been around ever since the beginning, she is now 88 years old and because her daughter Charlotta got married and then gave birth to twins, Wilma decided to step back. She was widowed many years ago, and she had a long career as a respected and feared journalist. I heard she prefer solitude, so she might be a dream lodger, staying to herself all day except for meals served by me.


I showed her the sections upstairs, and she chose unit C because she wanted one of the larger, and from unit C she could also see her old house - across the street. This unit even has a small balcony.

And this is where I think I should try to explain the rules and technical stuff. Each unit is empty, except the bathroom that has a toilet, sink, shower/tub and ceiling lamp. I take note on my cash balance, which is now §9.000, and then the new lodger(s) will equip their unit. When they are done I will charge them what was spent.

A lodger can of course request to make changes later.

When a unit gets vacant, I will return any clutter like photos etc to the relatives, then sell everything except the bathroom basics and finally transfer the gain to the relatives' bank account.

I also charge rent in advance, and to limit administration, I'll charge 5 days periods, in this case until Y225. And this is what I find difficult to predict as I don't know yet what my bills will be, or if all 4 units will contribute. When charging in advance it's not possible to adjust the rent later on.


Included with my saving plan is to grow some of the food myself. I hail from a huge farm, so I'm quite skilled already. I brought 1 Spinach and 1 Strawberry plant from the farm, and because it's extreme Winter right now, I had to plant the strawberry in the raw kitchen. As soon as I get things running I will move all plants outdoor and hoping to harvest enough during the active seasons to have enough crops in the fridge for future spending. I'll plant some more species when the snow is gone.

I also grow Chrysanthemum and Daisies, because I need to arrange flowers in order to decorate this place with fresh flowers. It's a new activity to me, and I'm not even sure how long each arrangement will last, I'll just do my best.


On each side of the staircase there is a good spot for flower decor.


While I tended the plants in the raw kitchen, my first lodger surprised me by not staying in her private unit like I expected. Well, she is the only lodger this far, so even if she prefer solitude she can find that in just any room. There's no big risk of running into anyone but me.


A  little later I decided to practice on the entertainment bit. I'm supposed to arrange for this at least once every week, but I'm not expected to be the Entertainer. For now I don't feel like wasting money on hiring an Artist for only Mrs Crumpleton, so I did some jokes myself. However, the old lady did not seem very interested...


Then my dad, Agaton Oaksdale, stopped by. He laughed and cheered, but you never know for sure if a dad like him is cheering simply because I'm his only child. He's the best dad anyway, and now he is in his very last period as Willow Field's political Hood Contact.


My lodger threw out some garbage (did she do that just to show me that I should have done it?), then she grabbed the guitar, and ruined my jokes completely! And it was obvious she never played a guitar before - it sounded horrible! Bad thing is that all equipment of the house belongs to Region 12, so I can't just sell the guitar...


Well, my Dad left and it was time to serve Mrs Crumpleton some dinner. I need a little more practice before I can serve Gourmet food...


Mrs Crumpleton wasn't very pleased with my very average food, probably far below her standards. But she joked, and said something about Duke de Cavalier was guesting. I think she mixed my Dad for the Duke, hm. Old people do that sort of things, don't they?


No way a Duke would bother to visit Bon Voyage!


After dinner I discovered the outdoor trash can was kicked over. I'm pretty sure it was Mrs Crumpleton who did it! Will she be a much tougher lodger than I was hoping for?


In the evening i got a call from Oasis Springs! An old couple had decided to leave their house to their daughter, and to move into Bon Voyage! Wow, tomorrow already? Mrs and Mr Jupiter!

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment