Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Tuesday 3 December 2019

Foxbury Commons - modified

[TS4 Discover University] Many of the lots that come with a new expansion pack are spacious and not directly packed with content. I guess it's like that because it might trigger many of us to add and modify to our taste, after all there are so many ways to play this game. Another point is that Discover University naturally come with only base game content + what's new in this pack. Most of us have tons of content to choose from, i.e. why should not a Common have an office with objects from Get To Work?

Anyway, I found the Foxbury Commons too spacious. It still takes my sims forever to cross the floor, walk the stairs, and then cross the 2nd floor to get to the chosen computer, but with my smaller adjustments this lot now has more purposes for my gaming style.


Basically I locked in the right side area, and turned it into a sports room with a pool. And, in the opposite end I built a few walls to add a small class room and an office that can be used by my future Professors.

But first, the gym/pool.


It's not big, but all you need for swimming a few laps. We know students gain weight too easily, so they definitely need a gym. A pool might be a little more social, so I put only two workout machines there. Note the 3 tiny rooms to the left: A sauna and gender specified shower rooms.


This lot is not categorized park or gym, so NPCs will probably not jump into the water. These additional installments will not take away attention from the cafeteria, ping-pong table and computers upstairs. I saw only a few students in the gym, they sat on the pool trim to do their homework. This means students you can't control might walk around in their swimwear, even mid-Winter, but they will not be many. If this becomes a problem I might just lock the pool room door and teleport my active students in there.

Game also said it was too cold for doing "laps together". It was freezing outside, but I thought they could still use a pool indoor? Might be enough to add a thermostat in there, I didn't try.


The pool room is quite neutral as the glass walls are colored. It still gives the impression that more activities are going on in this building.


I think the classroom and office in the opposite end of the building also make for a cool background.


I wish it would be a little bigger, but hey-ho, it's not meant to be a very busy room.


There will of course be no Teacher in there, but I assume random students might sit down to do their homework. And it is good to have one more classroom in case I need it for storytelling etc.  I'll probably add more CC clutter later.


Finally, the tiny office. I know I will play a couple professors, and because they don't work full week, it will be fun having some office they can pretend they work a few hours when they go to Campus to lecture in a rabbit hole. I'll put a laptop here, so they can sit here to write their stuff. Right now I skipped the computer, because it would just attract students.

I might add a small office at the Ubrite Commons, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment