Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Saturday 2 April 2022

Building a Royal Estate - The outdoors (Bonus)

The series where I built and equipped my first royal estate ever, was officially closed a week ago, and due to lag and a much too big household for regular playing, I skipped the already planned basements. But - there is a garden, and despite being a small outdoor area, I thought I ought to make those outdoors more or less representable. If not for anything else than the esthetics when seen from the neighbors like Judith Ward and Thorne Bailey. The royal household resides on 3rd floor, so just walking out into the garden and back in will take them more than one hour (that's why I planned for a large 3rd floor terrace). So I can't see them using the garden very often, but for some occasions - or photo sessions - it might get useful.


It's only the minimum of what I think a formal garden should contain, but this might be adjusted later. Let's have a quick look at the current situation:

This is the entrance to their garden, and I see I should add one more door as today they can access it only via the Throne Room. It is possible to walk around the building, but who wants to do those extra miles?

The large terrace will function just fine for a break during bigger arrangements, and in Summer the formal or gala guests might even enjoy a final course on this large terrace. The basic is only table seating for 6 persons + a couple relaxing sun chairs, but the terrace is spacious enough for many groups supporting a pretty large party.


The fountain is nothing spectacular, but adds vibe and variety to the long and wide path leading down to the garden patio and other sections. The color of the water is blue, but might change to honor certain stately flags and houses. Blue is Mazaloom kingdom's official color.
 
There are 12 massive urns along the path, actually from the medieval Mazaloom Castle.

The lower sections includes a patio where the family can relax on a rare day off duties. Two very tall dragon sculptures guards the patio.


The view down to the valley is spectacular, perhaps it was a bad move to form that hedge like the old castle roof trim. It looked cool, but it also blocks the view - both ways, of course. Perhaps the idea of privacy wins...


I'll need to adjust this section as I see how they use it. A BBQ was skipped on purpose, I'd hate finding the King grilling hot dogs in the middle of the night and then taking 1 hour to walk back to his Royal Chamber for his much needed sleep.

Next to the patio is their orchard and tiny green house pavilion. I imagine they own a farm near by that is rented by farmers and rent is paid by providing fresh food to the royal household. Even so, the orchard contains some apple trees, lemon tress and I think Cherry trees - both for deco value during blooming seasons, but also as fruit is useful in many ways. They also grow some herbs and not to forget the national Lily flower. Besides, someone might like gardening as a hobby.


The orchard is right outside the Orangery, no doors added yet but there will be some direct connection for bringing those tropical plants in for the Winter. Btw; it's Winter in my game, so the garden does not look its best...

East of the patio is a nice little lawn.


This spot is perfect for certain outdoor games, and if the basket ball hoop was less attractive I could have built a basketball court there. Or if swimming pools were less attractive in Winter, I could have provided them with a small pool.

Instead I see this as a section that can easily be transformed based on each generation's interests. I think a former monarch used it as a small sculpture park. One generation built a tiny wild life tent camp there for the children to play. The current Queen used to meditate on this lawn, but moved her sessions indoor as she grew older and found this spot too chilly. I'm not yet sure what will be next.

I did not play the royal household yet with the new garden facilities, and as I always play with full free will it shall be interesting seeing who will be most attracted to the outdoors :)

No comments:

Post a Comment