Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Friday 7 June 2019

Jungle Adventure - part 1 of 4 - Archaeologist Fred Clump

So, I finally added Jungle Adventure gamepack, and I love it! I had so many plans for this pack, but decided to wait for a next sale. Currently all TS4 packs are 40-50% off, you better go grab whatever you miss!

I prepared a miniseries for the blog, interviewing 4 sims with a different agenda in Selvadorada. First out is the Archaeologist, to be followed shortly by the Tour Guide, the Tourist and the Celebrity :)

I never saw a sim as happy as Fred while exploring the jungle of Selvadorada!


Fred Clump (30) is the youngest son of famous jazz singer Olivia Clump. Read his report from Selvadorada below:

- I'm the youngest, so I won't be the heir to neither the house nor the heavily skill based family tradition (Five Units Challenge), that my brother Garvin is tied to. So when growing up I wanted to take a completely different route! I'm interested in old civilizations and archaeology is really talking to me!


I love being outdoors, and I don't need anyone's company either. So most of my trips to the jungle I make on my own. The clue is not to stay there for a longer period. I'd love that, too, but my mom would have worried.

I wanted to stay in a tent, but there is no camping ground, and locals told me it might be too dangerous at night. So I rent the smallest house available, the Hillview Hideaway.


It's very primitive, but cozy and cheap, besides the walk to Puerto Llamante, the marketplace, is very short. I actually work as a Freelance Writer, so occasionally I spend a few hours writing. I prefer working at the Alam Museum of Archaeology rather than bringing my own laptop.


I also brought some camping gear from when my grandparents traveled regularly to Granite Forest, but I soon realized I brought too much luggage. Besides, my goal of going to Selvadorada is to find old relics to bring home. The cooler is good though, and the tent I use for a rest when hiking in the jungle.


I also stop by the Cantina to eat. I talk with the locals there to learn about the Selvadoradian culture, but I never hang there at night to socialize. I prefer being on my own, just absorbing the beauty and the silence that nature offers.


Before going into the jungle, I always check what's on offer at Puerto Llamante. I fill up my inventory with useful stuff, but I don't buy the souvenirs, they are often junk, or less worth than the stuff I am to dig for in the jungle.


At Belomisia Trailhead, the national park, it all starts. This far I walked into the jungle for a few times only. I want to build a collection of relics and other old treasures, and some of those items can still be found closer to civilization.


First time I crossed this long hanging bridge I feared it was the last thing I would do, but you simply need to relax and allow your body to join the bridge's movements.


I wonder if there exists a trail to the area below the bridge. My theory is that someone might have dropped something valuable while crossing the bridge.


My favorite moments are when I dig up something unknown! Just think of it - this item might have been buried and hidden to simkind for a thousand years! I'm privileged to bring the item back to Newcrest!


I've not been very far into the jungle yet, because I want to build my Archaeology skills before I get to see the wonders. Then I will probably understand what I see a lot better.


I also find lots of minerals. They are not for my collection, but I do collect them as I need to help my mother financially. Yes, she is a famous singer, but now that my brother Garvin will take over everything, they will struggle to keep the house. I still live at home, so my plan is to help for a year or two, then move on my own to start a relic shop.


From one stay lasting 3 or 4 days, I might collect as much as ten new items. They need to get analyzed and I prefer doing so when back home. I don't bring my archaeology table, but such tables are available for tourists both at Puerto Llamante and the Museum. Centered on the image above you can see me working.


At home in Newcrest I can concentrate better. I want to have minimum 50 items before I open the relic shop.

Perhaps you are into archaeology, as well? Just leave a comment if you like to exchange knowledge and finds!

No comments:

Post a Comment