Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Wednesday 19 June 2019

Jungle Adventure - Part 3 of 4 - The Tourists

In this miniseries for the blog, you get reports from 4 sims with a different agenda in Selvadorada. First out was the Archaeologist (Fred Clump) followed by the Tour Guide (Brenda Kammin), and the series ends with the Celebrities. Today you get the typical Tourists :)

The Adrian household counts 6 sims. Otto (64), Dina (59), son Flamenco (18) and the triplets Clara, Khloe and Tamara (13). This household lived in Oasis Springs for many years, but moved to Fashion District in San Myshuno some years ago. They are not very rich, and raising 4 kids doesn't come without hefty bills. Otto works in Culinary, and Dina makes Berry Jam and Tomato Sauce as a Canner. In Oasis Springs she was even involved with Politics, as a Hood Contact.


Well, now they decided to take a few days off, and ordered a family vacation in Selvadorada. Read Dina's report below:

- We arrived the rented house before noon. It had been raining and still was, thanks Similius I had encouraged everyone to pack our umbrellas! Our luggage had been delivered already and we were really looking forward to 3 days on this exotic location!


Flamenco has a girlfriend, and he did not want to come with us unless she could join, too! We could not afford it, but it was no problem as he much preferred staying back in San Myshuno alone. He is 18, so Otto and I decided to give him a go. I don't worry that he will turn the apartment into a party zone while we are gone, I'm more concerned if he will remember to eat.

Well, the girls were hungry after the long travel. In the fridge I found some disgusting leftovers from previous guests, so I had to clean the kitchen while I sent Otto out to buy some bread, eggs and bacon. Even if the meal was very familiar, the girls found the food taste different, but they were too hungry not to eat.


We were very excited about this vacation, and I had planned our activities in advance, to make sure we actually got to see something. We started to walk through the wild forest to find some sights. I wanted to find souvenir shops and perhaps a burger restaurant for lunch. Girls wanted to find an electronics store, because we expected those products to be cheaper here.


Well, we walked and walked! If someone had told me that the rented house was this far away from any civilization, I'd rather have us book a hotel. I mean, we saw no other living being, it gave me a creepy feeling that we were all alone in this jungle, and that nobody actually cared!


Otto was furious, or at least I think he should have been, and I could hardly walk any longer with my not so comfortable shoes. I did pack for a holiday resort, not for this wild life! We don't even care much about the jungle!

We finally found a museum, and even if it was pretty dull, at least it gave us a much needed break from the rain.


The girls wanted to buy some of the art in there, but luckily it was not on sale. The museum actuall contained old rubbish, if they had charged us to enter, I think we would have complained. No, we'll rather find some souvenirs, they will look just as fine!


Finally! After even more walking in the rain, we found a market place. It was not as lively as I hoped for, actually we took some time to realize it was a market place. The girls like a statue of some woman, and we took some photos. Otto suggested she might have founded the market place, but I think she was just a farm woman who wanted to sell some crops. The plaque was in Selvadoradian, not intended for city sims to understand! Perhaps we can ask a guide, if we run into one.

Girls were hungry again, and we could really need to sit down. We decided to find a burger restaurant.


So I asked the poor food vendor if they had any MacSim in the area, but he did not understand! And he only sold freaking spicy local food that we were not really so interested in. I mean, it could be interesting to taste some, as bot Otto and I work with food, but the girls would not have appreciated it very much. We bought some bread and ham instead and made our own lunch!

The next day we wee ready for some new adventures. The girls wanted to look for snakes and alligators in the jungle, but instead we had a nice breakfast on the terrace.


Afterwards we rented some fishing rods, and spent a few hours fishing. I was praying that we would not catch anything, because I have no idea how to prepare a meal based on the local fish species. So, whenever the girls caught a fish, I explained it was a fish that could not be eaten. Indirectly, almost the truth.

Then we had to find a public bathroom because we were way too far away from the rented house when all 3 girls needed to go.


I rushed in to check the facilities, and ouch, as long as I'm alive my girls will never go in there! Too filthy and primitive even for kids! So, we hurried back home, and again, I wish we would rather book rooms at a hotel!

The third day we got 60 minutes of lighter weather, then it started to pour down again! Clara, Khloe and Tamara were not allowed to go outside, so luckily we had brought their schoolwork.


It was probably a boring day for them, but we ate a good pizza meal that I prepared myself, and the girls played with some local rocks. They wanted to go swimming, but when I told them about the alligators, they changed their minds.


On our very last evening, Otto and I decided to visit the local Cantina - alone. The girls were put to bed early because we had to get very early up the next day, so while they were sleeping we had a quick drink. And I must say one drink was plenty! I'm sure locals love their water hole, but for us it was rather boring there! Some tried to talk to us, but we assumed they were going to beg for our spare coins, so we politely ignored them. We bought a postcard from the bartender though, she suggested that we could look for relics in the jungle. It was very difficult to understand her Simlish, so we called it a night at 10 PM.

All in all we had a bad stay in Selvadorada, but at least the girls had fun - most of the time, and that's what counts. I would not recommend this place to anyone, especially not with kids. It might have been different if we joined Way To Go Travels rather than booking everything on our own.

Well, 3 days were enough! Now we long to San Myshuno, and we can't wait to show Flamenco all the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment