Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Friday 29 May 2020

Bills delivered on any weekday

Finally! For quite some time I've insisted that som of my homes got their bills delivered on other days than Mondays. It felt like most simmers doubted it could actually be true, and I could not prove anything. Until today!


Bills delivered on a Wednesday at 10 AM. This lot is in Brindleton Bay.

I'm now taking notes at every single bills delivery to check that the amount charged is reasonable, and that's also a good opportunity to check what day they are delivered.

My theory is that bills are delivered after 7 days, regardless of weekday. If you start a new house day 1 will probably always be a Monday, meaning the 7th day will also be a Monday. So Mondays are naturally the most common. But I play rotationally, and I think it would be weird if a household played only on Mondays would get new bills every day they are played, while a house played 6 days a week (all days except Monday) should never get any bills.

I think the game adds a bulk of costs to the bills at a set hour every day a house is actively played, and also counts how many days this was done. When it was done 7 times, bills will be delivered the following day (probably skipping Sundays, though...). This will probably be easier to track once the June 2nd patch gives us split bills and we can see how the bills grow before they get delivered.

No comments:

Post a Comment