Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Friday 20 March 2020

WIP: Nobility Jewelry Overview

I'm currently organizing the exclusive jewelry for my nobility. All jewelry and sash regalia etc will be listed in a jewelry section of my community pages.



There you will be able to see what tiaras, necklaces, earrings, bracelets and rings each house has access to, either as owned by the peerage trust or personal property. There will also be sashes, crowns and a few family order bows. Most items have their own story, valuable to historians, and there is even some info on traditions connected to some items. I'll of course do this only for those extra gala worthy items, not for their everyday bling.

This work is the result of me missing the TS2 system where sims had personal wardrobes. I don't recall if that covered jewelry as well, but I don't see why it should not. In TS4 we prepare individual outfits in CAS, so there is a certain limitation, but there is no way to add a story or brand an item as family heirloom or make it exclusive to one specific sim. And most important: If my Duchess Claudine de Cavalier owns a very rare tiara, you know the one that her great-grandmother was gifted by a foreign King four generations ago, I would prefer if that item was not available to just anyone in CAS. I'm sure the Duchess will agree to that.

So - with 20-30 noble households, and 40-50 regular households, I need a way to easily look up what jewelry are reserved a few, at what the ladies can wear at the next gala banquet. With these new pages I will sort things out, avoiding the awkward moment when Lady Merielle de Cavalier shows up at Duke of Meadows' estate wearing Duchess Gloria of Meadows' dearest necklace. I'd love to have a similar system for their gala dresses and hats etc, as well, but it would be too much work right now. Besides I reckon they might not use the same dress many times anyway, while family jewelry will be used again and again. Dresses normally come in many different colors (swatches), and I'd also like one lady to wear the same version if she wears it again. Everyday dresses and sets might be more reused than gala dresses - I have no idea. My point is that it would be nice if they stick with whatever outfits they buy or inherit, and not change to other swatches over time. If you inherit your great-grandmother's necklace with red stones, it would look strange if you suddenly wear it with green stones instead, just because you forgot what swatch you did inherit. A personal dresser would be so cool in many ways!

Well, this was meant only as a quick heads up, not a full article, LOL. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment