Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Tuesday 10 March 2020

Overview Noble Families Year 121

So, I'm done with my historical project where I followed a large number of noble families from Year 0 and up to my current year count, which is Year 223. That's numerous generations where families got tied together in various ways, and more or less successful events decided who fared the better. Along the road several historical events formed the community, such as the big revolution in Year 120 - I'll get back to the History Book aspects in future blog posts.

I also created coat of arms for all these fine families. I had to do a little research on real life heraldic. Based on what I learned I made my own rules, and the motives and colors displayed below are not totally random. In the chart they are sorted in one column per world, ranked by year of introduction. Note that San Myshuno was originally split by the river, and therefore has 2 columns.


I've created several decor objects with the same motives to be used by current noble families who needs to show off their heritage at banquets or just in general. The families who survived through 223 years certainly deserves the extra attention. Other noble families expired half way, and some others I don't intend to play because their peerage is located outside my played region. They remain notes in a spreadsheet, and I might follow them in order to keep mixing families through marriage and politics.

For the rest, a couple handfuls actually, I will need to redecorate their homes and make them a little bit more classy. Low nobility Lords and Ladies may not need a castle, but high nobility like Barons and Dukes should at least be aware of their heritage. Like, if you are a Duke you will definitely know it, and probably also show it.

More on all this later! Right now click on the nobility overview to get a better look. I'll create another version showing today's families (Y223), and then in that post I'll also add some info on each family.

No comments:

Post a Comment