Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Friday 24 March 2023

Welcome «Moon Lisa»

(Year 230, Fall) This Fall a very rare exhibition opened at Casbah Gallery in San Myshuno. The famous and mythical painting «Moon Lisa» is currently touring Mazaloom kingdom, and this is her first stop. On opening night a high number of citizens flocked to the gallery to get a glimpse of the strictly guarded masterpiece that even made it to the national stamps of the Empire of Snorthia..


It is the first time Snorthia allows their national jewel to leave the empire, that alone is quite an event. No wonder people grabbed this once in a lifetime opportunity.

Inside Kasbah the visitors were asked to wait in line, as only one or two persons were allowed to walk up to the painting. It took some more time waiting, but it probably also added to the expectations that were already high.


And we noticed a few familiar faces, like always...


«Moon Lisa» is mythical because nobody knows for sure who painted it, or who was modeling. The work might be 130 years old, but some has suggested an Artist who lived in the 170's, making it all more mysterious. Look here for more info on the background.


Asking a few of the attendees what they thought of the painting, brought up various opinions...


Elsa Gobelin (66), main owner of Gobelin Fashion, Inc.:
- I think she is lovely! There is a touch that really talks to me. I wish I could pimp her dress a bit, though, I really don't like it, but perhaps she had nothing else to wear.


Khloe Adrian (25) was there with her recent boyfriend Fritz Mervil (38): 
- We loved it! I've heard about this painting ever since I was a little girl and it was nice actually being able to see it. It's very nice that Snorthia and Mazaloom can exchange cultural art like this.


Siobhan (Fyres) Hump (47): 
- I must admit I have more interesting paintings on my walls at home, but that said, I like to support the cultural exchange. And I don't really understand why critics are trying to unveil the facts behind this work. It's a painting, some likes it, and now it is here.


Prudency G. Effenmont (82): 
- Art? Is this an example of the finest art Snorthia can offer? If this is art, my butt is art! I would rather see some true Snorthian  culture, they have so much that is more interesting than this awful portrait!


Nancy D. Roxenfox (63), National Museum curator: 
- Well, I'm truly biased, but I love this little portrait! And not the least I love how it is able to engage people of all community levels. It will be displayed here in San Myshuno all Fall, then in Windenburg all Winter, and finally at Gloomville's Municipal Muses in Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment