Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Tuesday 26 August 2014

Detesters - 2 - Testing paintings

Yay, it's Pauline and Hector's first day at work as Testsims! They were hired by Twinbrook Imports, Inc. to test all the CC in my game! :)



Pauline: It's our first day as Testsims, Hector!

Hector: I know, I know... I wonder what we will be asked to test today!

Pauline: I kinda regret what we started! Is there a way I can take the first day off?

Hector: No...



They got dressed, and walked into the atelier to check the instructions from Twinbrook Imports, Inc.

Pauline: So, you was wrong, Hector, as usual! We are NOT gonna keep anything for free! I'm wondering if we were tricked into something bad. We will get §10.000 and we'll have to pay for each item that we get to test! How rotten is that?

Hector: What? Are you sure? The ad said...

Pauline: You probably misread it! Idiot! Now we are trapped!

Hector: What more does it say?

Pauline: Today we will be testing wall hangings. well... my speciality, actually! Oh my...! The first items have already been delivered at our door, and whatever we don't want to keep will be collected again at 8 PM!


They hurried outside to find the front yard filled with crates!

Pauline: Oh nooooo! Hector, make them go away!

Hector: Wow, that's gotta be a lot of wall hangings to test...


They needed a solid break even before getting to the unpacking. Then the rest of the day was reserved testing paintings mostly.

Pauline: Eeeek, is that what I think it is? Grilled cheese? I detest grilled cheese, so I find this horrible to watch for more than 5 seconds!

Hector: I like it, maybe we could keep his one, over our dining table!

Pauline: Over my grilled body!


The next painting was more to Pauline's liking, landscapes is her favourite motive for her own paintings. And her lovely collected butterfly made her feel more relaxed watching this all. Still, she was a bit tense.

Pauline: Lovely, but it makes me feel sick.

Hector: I like it! But I don't think our job is to like or dislike the motives, but more to check functionality...

Pauline: Okay... so how am I checking? I'm viewing... viewing... yes I can view, so I guess this one is okay then? Still makes me wanna puke, though, while I view!


Hector: And this one, um... different, but it works. In fact I like this one, too! I mean, there's two in one... And I can view them both!

Pauline: I'm so tired of all this viewing! It's way too much in just one day! This is such a tough job, after all. I really need to lay down now!


Pauline: Hector? When you say you like all the paintings, I have to ask... do you like them more or less than you like MY works?

Hector: Eh, why do you ask? I never actually viewed your paintings, Pauline...

Pauline: But they are on the atelier wall to dry! Don't you really see anything - or anyone, around here?


Hector: Of course I do! But your paintings are up to dry, then you sell them to the consignment store... eh, don't you?

But Pauline was asleep, and Hector could read the newspaper without further interruptions. Good!

Then someone called him, and as he got up from the chair, Pauline woke up.


Hector: Annie, hello! How is my little girl? Yes, I know you are a teenager, but you are still dad's little girl. What? Your mom and that guy are going on vacation and... if you can stay here...?

Pauline: Nooooo! Tell her no, I can't stand... hey, we don't really got the time now that we are Testsims!

Hector: Of course your room is still up there! Nobody used that room since you spent a weekend here 4 months ago. It's still all your stuff... Sure... a-ha... yes...?

Pauline: No no no!!!

Hector: Okay, Annie, tomorrow at 11 AM, that will be... PERFECT!

(He said that last word while he looked over at Pauline.)

Pauline: Idiot!


A little later Hector had left for a quick walk down to the Diner that he owns a part in, and loves to inspect. Pauline painted a little, then turned on the computer. She filled in the form, and she made sure to say that several of the wall decor made her feel sick, that she simply couldn't view them, and that maybe, just maybe Twinbrook Imports, Inc. would be interesting in buying some lovely landscape paintings instead. As soon as the paint had dried...

Tested today:
"Surreal Grilled Cheese Painting" (EA store, free)
"Beautiful Forest" - by Pigula (TS3 exchange)
"Symphony in Slang" - by
"Pattern Display Unit
" - by Cemre/TSR (no longer registered)

No comments:

Post a Comment