Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Saturday 7 February 2015

The Sims 4 Get to Work announced!

The very first The Sims 4 EP was announced few days ago, and "Get to Work" will be released April 2015! That's only 8 weeks ahead!

I must be honest and say that The Sims 4 never grabbed me as much as The Sims 3 did. It's not just about the graphics, it's more that I miss so much from the previous series, and I find it harder to get attached to my sims. But with the Get to Work EP, I think this will change!

Medicine will include operations and delivering babies!

Get to Work will bring something that The Sims 3 never had, a through system for running public businesses. The Sims 2 Open For Business was probably my all time favourite aside of the weather and season EPs. This kind of challenges feels less as a preprogrammed challenge, they are more about who your sim is, what business should he or she run? If you choose a retail store, you can still customize it, say you want to only sell lamps. Designing the store, managing staff, talk up your customers etc, is adding lots of fun that don't feel repetitive because your next sim can simply run a different business!




I'm not updated on all the info yet, but you can run a clothing store, and I think you can even produce some outfits!


You can run a retail store, and specialize on just anything. Such as a toy store!


Or kitchen supplies, or whatever is on the shelves...  I assume that any object in the game currently and in the future, can be sold in your store!


And you can run a bakery, café or bistro etc, where I the room design will set the standardk, at least for your own imagination.

Science/Inventing can come up with many new features.

It seems like Aliens will be reintroduced!

In the Police career your sim can investigate crimes as well as send the suspect to jail.

I wonder if those prisoners will be random sims, or if my neighbours and relatives might get unlucky, too?

Retail stores and work venues will be found in new districts where you probably can't reside, but will go to work. I hope those districts will come with plenty of community lots because half the fun, for me, will be to design the business concepts.

One more feature of this EP is the photography skill - so, I guess my sim can alo run a gallery, selling photos. And take pictures for the legacy wall!


Check out the video trailer here!

There is a new official forum for this upcoming EP!

No comments:

Post a Comment