Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Thursday 26 November 2020

The many Cultural Stages of Region 12

 (Year 225) A few posts ago I mentioned the new platform tool. Now that I've played a bit more with it all my cultural venues have got their stage upgraded, and it's time to show you most of those venues. I were not aware that I had this many stages...


The largest venue in my region is the one of the culture house called Fun Factory. If you watch my As Sims Go By series, you might recall Wilhelmina Dougham playing the grand piano in a pretty poorly way. The house is filled with cultural and media activities, and the stage is in the basement. There are currently 24 seats, which doesn't sound overwhelming, but with the household limit of 8, 24 is plenty.

The stage is raised too tall for the audience to attend. The artists will attend via the makeup room, which connects to the restricted celebrity lounge upstairs. Most often they just teleport because it's quicker :)

Also the rows of chairs are on platforms, as each row is raised one level.


Onto Del Sol Valley! Above is the Plumbob Studio, where celebrities attend to receive their trophies. Real stars prefer to be above their audience, so this is one of the taller stages. I have not tested it yet, and knowing the award show is a rather quickly proceeding event, I worry the winners might not reach the microphone in time, so I added two stairs. Might improve this later.


Also the Orchid Go-Go! got a platform. It's simple, as I think this location is more for the newcomers than the superstars. Thorne Bailey is of course an exception to that rule.


Still in Del Sol Valley, and another tall stage. This is the stage at The Art Academy located at Mirage Park, and with Judith Ward as the Principal. Behind the left side curtain is the entrance to back stage where students also learn make up and costumes.


The picture above is a reuse from previous post about platform testing. Four stars celebrity Olivia Clump frequently performs the jazz club at Crestville in Newcrest. It's a great improvement that the audience can no longer join her on stage. Backstage there is a small room for the artist(s) to get ready. This club is way below Clump's level, but she started her career here, so I guess she still feels at home.

I wish there was a platform wall alternative with decorative panels. Adding halfwalls also adds the trim on top, which is not always working so well with a stage (the trim functions as a table where NPCs often leave their empty drink etc.).


The final "stage" is the alter of the Church of Similius, my only church. Everything is kept simple here, because the message preached is the one of the green and red bars, basically that we don't need more than to just about stay in the green. Gold and luxurious decor would be totally wrong. The Priest is normally the only person accessing the podium. 

I still have not added platforms to my nightclubs. Especially those of a certain size might benefit from a raised DJ-booth or dance floor, or even a slightly taller or lower level for the bar area. There's always something to adjust as we get new features :)


No comments:

Post a Comment