Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Thursday 13 June 2024

Olivia Clump - No more Singing

(Year 232, Fall) It's been quiet from our legend jazz singer Olivia Clump. Not only is her absent noticeable in the glossy magazines, but her voice has left her. Literally.

- I'm still dying my hair, admits Olivia Clump (79).

The popular singer has reached the age of 79, and it's been a while since her super popular jazz recordings. She had a come back few years ago, but it was mostly about the release of her last greatest hits album, with a fan greeting and a mini concert in her home district, Newcrest. Since then, her voice left her!

- I can still talk!, she explains when  we meet her for a short interview. - I've been struggling with voice trouble for years. My doctor advised me to stop singing or I might even lose the ability to talk. So, these days I only secretly sing to my youngest grandchild, Ommy.

Our leading lady of jazz has a total of 4 grandchildren, and 2 of them lives in the Clump family home at Rivercrest in Newcrest. The other two are located at Mugger Farm in Gloomville.

Venessa Jeong is Olovia's daughter-in-law. The Mazaloom Achievement Award is on the wall back there!

- I was blessed with 2 sons, who both married. I have played with the idea of moving on my own to live my elderly years in a small flat in the city, near the concert scenes, but it seems I will just stay here at Rivercrest.

Last year Olivia was awarded the first Mazaloom Achievement Award for being top skilled in so many fields. Is she still part of a skill focused tradition?

Her son Garvin and his wife Venessa are both famous, but Olivia wants a normal life for her grandchildren.

- Yes. It all started with my grand parents, Sylvia and Abraham Clump. They built this house, and started a tradition where each generation would add one new skill to max out, in addition to those skills chosen by the previous generations. So, my pick was Singing, but that was on top of Gardening, Cooking and Painting. I still need to read up on Gardening, and there might be less time for it than I would wish for. With no more public singing the gardening should be within reach, though.

We will soon know who wins this year's Mazaloom Achievement Award. The only hints are that it will be someone residing elsewhere than in Newcrest, probably even outside Region 12. And it might be a different skill than those of Olivia's. The announcement is awaited next week!

- I was so grateful to win the award last year, Olivia says. - Meeting the Crown Princess was also a big moment for me. She seems so nice and genuine!

No comments:

Post a Comment