Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Thursday 16 April 2020

Community pages updated

Every year completed leads to a major update of the Community Pages and the Residents Registry, linked from top of this blog.

This is a massive site originally built to keep track on my game, everyone living there, their relatives, their life lines including their progress on various areas of life. On the Community Pages all info is sorted on the 5 departments of the Council. You will need to scroll through each of those sections to see all, but there is a short list on the left to help you see what content is found where.


It has become way more complex and detailed than I ever imagined, but as it is quite useful to me when making the As Sims Go By series and any other matter that includes some detail research, I've kept expanding it with more info.

Now that Year 223 came to an end (it took me 3 months, yikes!) I uploaded all the scripts and info that was added during this year. I think all is okay, don't hesitate leaving me a note if you come across a missing image or info that seems to be wrong.

News for this update
So what's new, beyond the normal life line updates?

* Personal pages now include noble titles wherever that is suited. It's found right after their name, as this kind of information might color how you read the rest. Their age achieving the noble title is included in their life line.

* High orders. Added info on what orders a noble sim is a member of. This includes the 7 District Orders as well as the 3 merit orders administrated by a distant Royal and their Royal Chamber. I even added this info on deceased sims. Orders are also an event in the life line, as it might be useful seeing what age they were knighted. There's certain rules for this all, which I won't get into now, but you can find more info on the orders here.

* Fame stars were updated according to nobles having stuck fame (according to their titles and nobility level) for as long as they reside the peerage's main estate.

* Directorships. There are many companies in my game, most of them are organized as stock companies. Normally top 3 owners will form the board, and I thought it was good to include such info on each person's page (not for the youngsters of course...). I'm not sure if the word directorship covers it all, but I'm not that picky...

* Skills - are now listing top 5 (previously top 3). I figured top 3 would often relate more to their career than their personal interests.

* Education was separated from skills, as they can now have elementary, misc private high schools and university. I'm aware of scripting error messing it up regarding high school in the Education section, but not in their life line. Nothing site breaking, so I'll fix this later.

* LOCATION (top menu) might be a bit confusing re Britechester and Strangerville. I decided to let Britechester be a part of a larger dukedom named Rossie, so you need to click Rossie from the menu to find the Britechester hoods. StrangerVille has its own menu tab, despite administratively sorting under Oasis Springs (due to history).

* Nobility - new overview covering both high and low nobility. In the Community Section this sorts under Law & Justice Dept. There you will find key info on all peerages, including those expired. Unless you are new to my world, you might recognize quite a few families there. I have lots of historical stuff on them all, but I had to limit myself a bit. Eventually each peerage will be introduced with their own blog article, including info on current household, and I'll make sure to add links from the new overview section.

I think this was all the bigger updates. There will soon be another Reg12 NEWS video covering Year 223. And I'm already working on a new massive features to be added in one sim year... :)

Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment