Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Friday 17 April 2020

StrangerVille - Here we come!

So, I just added the StrangerVille game pack, and the weird little world has already become a favorite! This far I mostly played the Roswell house, rebuilding both the StrangerVille Overlook house and their family history. I renamed them Rossell, and the current household is the 3rd Lord Acres. I might give you a tour of their house and past sometime.


StrangerVille has two hoods: Plaza (pictured), is the small town and Shady Acres is the posh area where my Lord Ted Rossell resides.

The Rossell family originally owned all 5 Shady Acres lots, but his late mother sold one lot out of the family. One house they let to a group of artists, and have vague plans for businesses on two smaller open land lots.


I simply love the scenery! Especially Shady Acres is more lush than I expected, and there is also a great amount of nature sounds, like various birds that we do not have in other worlds. I have only played in Spring, and am excited to see if nature will change throughout seasons. The weather seems to be quite dry, so this might become a popular alternative for any of my sims who detest rainy days. Brindleton Bay, hello?


I've hardly started exploring. The 6 lots in town are quite small, but they all offer a different geeky, tiny living. I'm not playing any of them yet, will first look into the backstory to set ownership to lots etc. So far I know that the Landgraabs bought most of the land, but eventually sold off some lots after the Lab was completed.


In my region this world will be an annex hood under Oasis Springs. The nature and climate is quite different, so it might be more in the matter of administration than short distances. I imagine that Landgraab Science Lab was the reason why this small town grew, so the Landgraabs obviously had a take on administration, too. I just named the most central street Geoffrey Landgraab Circle. Ha!


These streets can be walked, and I already look forward to filming the 3rd season of my video series As Sims Go By on these locations. The main story will be my take on some Landgraab secrets that we all have pondered about for years...


I already had 5 sims working in the Military career - that is I pretended they were. It's a relief finally giving them their correct careers, and filling their cabinets with medals! I expected to find a Military HQ, but on second thought I don't really need one, besides it won't need to be located in StrangerVille.


There are several tight passages and squares that can be accessed. Not sure if they will spawn any collectibles or quest related items, but they will be good for filming, too!


Finally - the secret lab! I had Ted Rossell starting to search for evidence, but then I realized he is supposedly involved with the cause of the problems, so I stopped him. Someone else would need to explore the mysteries of StrangerVille. So, I decided to keep the weirdness as is for now, hopefully he did not trigger any next level by collecting one piece of evidence. In the future there might be someone, not necessarily a local, trying to solve it. Might be involved in that 3rd season video series, not sure yet.


The crater with the secret lab can be seen in the far distance. Something happened in the past, that made the Landgraabs establish one of their many Science Facilities out there in the strange desert. And you will be told that story after Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment