Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Friday 11 December 2020

Just two tech questions

I think the game is quite easy to learn, but occasionally something happens that I just don't get. Or there are different appearances that is not explained say by pointing at the item. So, I'll start with two question here.


In one household I put the plasma fruit harvest on a counter, to allow anyone in the house to grab a fruit or two as needed. They belong to my Modern Vampire clan, meaning they try not to feed from sims, but fruits and plasma packets.

However - as you see two of the fruits were kind of glowing. As far as I recall there was no fruit being spoiled, and this house was pretty new so I assume there was no big quality difference, either. When eating the glowing plasma fruit, I could not tell a difference.

Does anyone know? You might need the Vampire pack to know anything about this...

The next one is probably not relating to any specific pack, but maybe to a patch?


I always envied simmers showing off their interior with a significant flow of daylight from the windows, hitting the floor and furniture. I never had that in my game, but I assumed it might require high settings. But now, I suddenly noticed the windows did throw light on the ground, my only problem is that this happens outside the building and not in the rooms. It's impossible for sunlight to go through the roof to be thrown onto the pavement, as on the picture above. In some cases the windows on ground level are able to do this even if there are 2 full stories over the ground floor! Before you ask; The build pictured above has no windows on the opposite wall, so there are no sources for the light.

Does anyone else have this? How can I get rid of it? It looks quite weird on pictures and videos etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment