Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Sunday 3 January 2021

Happy New Island

Happy new year! First simming thing I did in 2021 was to grab a pack from the ongoing Origin sale, Island Living EP. January 3rd is the last day to save 50% on many packs. Back when this pack was released I figured I did not need it, so I skipped it and never looked back. I already have way too many households, and I would never play mermaids. But now with the "rentable vacation homes in any world" things changed. I want Sulani for vacations, and I'll even imagine some of my richer families owning a vacation home there. And - it might be great for storytelling, too.


So, while I'm already enjoying creating the backstories to a limited number of households, as well as adjust some community lots, here are a few screenshots from the warming up :)

The floating woman is a test sim. When a new pack is installed, the first thing I do is to send in a test sim to test the waters, literally. Because this pack was old I didn't bother removing my mods folder and all that tech fuss. Whatever needed updating were fixed more than a year ago. 


It happens again - seems like I install all new packs in Winter. I had to wait for the snow to go before testing many of the new ECO Lifestyle features, and now in Sulani it's obvious rainy days in Winter... not the perfect season for testing your new beach life activities... Luckily the next day was sunny and hot!


The first sim my tester ran into was Clement Frost - Father Christmas... Well, good to know where he hides when not sharing his ho-ho-ho's. I love the many walks and paths. Wherever you turn there is a new scenery. I think these lush pictures are from Lani St. Taz.


I wish we could walk into this beautiful vegetation, I did not find a way to do that, but more exploring remains.


I like that they will search for seashells autonomously. Can't wait to decorate the homes, both local and tourists' homes in other worlds, with small shells and other island memories. I hope they can't be dug up elsewhere...

I like that the 3 hoods are quite diverse. I have my backstory ready, and a mining company at Mua Pel'am is the main reason why two of the historical none-locals settled here. The company is still running, although I think the mining activity is very limited these days, and their descendants still own some land.


I'll post about the backstory and my take on the local culture during January. Stay tuned! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment