Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Saturday 3 September 2022

Mini Street Market

(Year 229) In my Gloomville, the streetfront of most community lots in the commercial hood look as they originally did. The content has been adjusted though, with a few extra features added on available small spots. With minor adjustments I made a much more useful and busy area.


The Municipal Muses Museum is already quite active, but the museum garden mostly looks like a wasted space. In my game's history this lot used to be the Villa Floretti, the estate of a House that I guess has its roots back in the Tartosa area. Sacariaz Floretti sold their estate for museum purposes, and rented the much bigger main estate from the old and now extinct Brixerwood clan. An estate that the Baron of Gloom is now moving back into, but that is a different story. Perhaps this is why the museum garden was never changed?

Well, today I learned something new!

In the past a couple sales tables were shattered out in the museum garden, but I never really saw NPCs use them, and to be honest, they were a bit hard to see from the street, and therefore not adding much to a busy street, either. So, the fence was moved a few tiles in, and a new mini farmer's market built along the main pavement instead.


On these pictures Sonia T. and Agaton Oaksdale from the Willow Farm near by spend a day selling their produce at the new street market. A little clutter makes the place look busy, and I made a great discovery - after playing the game for more than 7 years! You can use multiple sales tables during your sale session!

I wanted Sonia to sell pies and canned stuff from their farm, while Agaton decked the second table with his woodwork sculptures. They were both able to tend a table, but only one of them  could run a sale. However, customers bought stuff from both tables, I think even from a 3rd station farther down the street.


At the corner spot Sonia had put up two of her old paintings for sale on a sales wall. Even if it was not tended, customers stopped to  watch the paintings, so I assume you actually need to tend only one sales station, but can sell from multiple! I don't know if there is any difference in coding for the sales tables, depending on what pack they came with, I always thought of them as the same feature.

Well, it's always fun to find new ways to do things. Now I will need to adjust my other small markets where sales tables are arranged as part of the permanent build. With a few small markets like this one, it might be more fun to have my crafters and farmers head to town to sell their goods, too.

PS: This post is actually quite old, but I forgot top post it. Since them Sonia and Agaton opened a small home based store where they home grown stuff. Check out their video here.

No comments:

Post a Comment