Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Thursday 6 July 2023

Horse Ranch EP - Pictures and more! *** MAP added ***

 So, the game trailer is here, and I grabbed a few pictures from it. Mainly for going ahead with my planning, but it's also fun to share :) Even if you watched the trailer, things go by so quickly!

So, the Horse Ranch EP is mostly about horses, but it also comes with the new world, Chestnut Ridge, and features like mini goats, mini sheep and nectar making! For not being a horse person, I'd say I'm super excited (9 of 10), and there's lots of planning to do!

Horses look very good, and they come with numerous traits and CAS customizing. It seems like there are pretty deep levels of relations involves as well, you will need to befriend your horse in order to perform well when it comes to riding and contests. I like that!

I think it will be quite hard succeeding with the main feature when playing on rotation, as the progress might take some time. So - I'll probably add horses to just a handful of my households, and spend some time with them, and keep the other 95+ households out. Some will be busy with sheep, and others with goats, though. And - I already have a detailed routine for nectar making (custom content), which will now get improved, involving other families. I learned from Cottage Living that adding all features to one household can easily become too much...

One of my biggest concerns is the world, Chestnut Ridge. The little we saw looks good, but I am waiting for the map to start serious planning. I already have a few households vaguely planned, an I really need free lots to place some of my already existing families that I pretend live "elsewhere".


The world looks really nice! It seems to include a big national park, probably one of the hoods, but also two kinds of hoods where sims can reside. Ranchers are in the main hood, so maybe that is where the larger lots are located, but I have no idea where where the village is - might be on community ground and not actual lots, even. Which is fine with me as long as there is something to do.


Above must be the town, and I assume the Equestrian Center is there in the background. Perhaps the town is in the main hood, with ranches on the outskirts?

The Equestrian Center is owned by a woman named something like «Sienna». She seems to be available to help training you, and she is involved with arranging the various riding contests. I think there are 4 or 5 versions, so it should not be too repetitive. In addition we will have variation based on the horses' different traits.


In my game the Equestrian Center will be owned by a trust lead by Aristocracy. I look forward to see my ladies and barons come here with their horse to compete. It seems like a stable won't need tons of space, so the bigger lots should be able to add a horse to their household. I really think there should be a way to own a horse that lives in a rented box of a community lot stable, that is often the case in real life. If not, living in a flat or small house means you can not have a horse. Community lot stables would also solve the problem with households already being full.


And this part of the trailer was my clear favorite! LOL.


The goat was scared by an aggressive horse, and the goat obviously think it might be smart to play dead :)

Aggressive horses might be fun, especially if you play a not so kind sim. Or just for the challenge - hopefully there is a way to handle them.


While horses seem very cool, the sheep and goats wins the cuteness contest!


I'm not sure if you can feed a color treat to a mini sheep, in order to produce colored wool? I think we can when  shearing llamas (Cottage Living EP).


The trailer gave no new info on whether we can actually use the wool for say knitting (Nifty Knitting SP), or at least place the wool on a table. Or if it is just sold right there, while shearing. From goats we can  get milk, and I'd like to know whether the milk can be used for new recipes, or at least be sold from a sales table or in a retail shop.

So, there is obviously more info to be sheared shared in the livestream coming July 14th!

Pack releases July 20th!

Here is today's game trailer (3 minutes). I'll add a world map to this post as soon as I find one :)




No comments:

Post a Comment