Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Thursday 22 August 2024

Artists Guild: Painters and Photographers

(Year 232, Winter) The five guilds have been around for decades, and one important duty is to oversee the many Produce Deeds. A deed can be bought if you like to sell your produce via the time saving drag-and-drop function. Your deed's value will increase over time, and can be passed on as heirloom to next generation. Holding a deed involves a minimum activity, though.

Each guild has a board normally counting their 3 oldest deed holders. Last week the Artists Guild issued several new deeds involving Painters and Photographers. Core group is lead by well known Painter, Vince Remeréz (74).

- These deeds were actually issued in Year 197, but with just one exception, they were never claimed. We have now done a little marketing to build more interest, and the result is 4 new deed holders. I am just as guilty as anyone else, today I bought my very first Painter Portrait Deed!

The new deed holders are as follows:

Vince Remeréz (74), Painter of Portraits

Already deserved cult status from his life long efforts creating all sorts of paintings, and occasionally also giving painting classes at the Arts Academy. Although painting both art, landscapes and portraits, Vince Remeréz bought one of the two Portraits deeds.

- These days I try to slow down a bit. Living in San Myshuno with wife and 2 children my days are normally packed with everyday matters. With my new deed I plan to focus on portraits, and nobles in particular.



Angela (Pleasant) Oswald (42), Painter of Portraits

Mother of 2 and married to a Scientist who spends most days at the lab, Angela has been searching for a hobby. She is into knitting, but now she decided to give portrait painting a chance. She bought the 2nd Portrait Painting deed.

- I am only medium skilled, so I'm a little nervous. You know, what if the customer will disapprove on my effort? But I guess, like with anything in life, one needs to take a chance and just go for it. If I fail, there will probably be ways to sell this deed to someone else.



Scarus Floretti (87), Painter of Landscapes

Rather focusing on landscapes painting, is another well known Painter, Scarus Floretti. His household used to rent at Upperton in Gloomville, but they recently moved to Aarby Wharf in San Sequoia. The entire family is painting, but selling a piece of work per day without using the drag-and-drop service became tedious.

- I am buying this deed for my family. I am too old to plan any future, but next generation will inherit my deed, and make my lifework live on. We normally paint based on inner mind images, but my son, Perez, now wants to go on with real life estate paintings. Portraying a building can be harder than painting a portrait, because controlling the light is more tricky. Most upper class families should consider a painting of their house!



Dora Gupta (48), Photographer of Portraits

The only Photographer Deed purchased now, is the 2nd Portrait Photo deed. Dora Gupta resided in Windenburg for many years, and she has been occupied with creative aspects like music and photography. She took some wedding portraits in the past, and while this might be a favorite, she will also offer regular Portrait photography services.

- I do not have my own studio yet, but that only adds to the challenge. Deciding the location with less chances of affecting the background and lighting triggers my creativity. Depending on requests, I might  get a Studio eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment