Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Friday 11 June 2021

Cottage Living - Farming is coming!

Farming is coming to The Sims 4 this Summer! July 22nd is release date for EP Cottage Living.

And I must admit I loved the trailer that released today! We finally get rural farming content, and it's on time our farmers can have more than just plants. This pack lacks animals like sheep and pigs, but there is still a great variety, I think. Enough to keep your farmers busy, and they can even make a living from different farm stuff.

These pictures are  from the trailer.  I captured them because I love exploring those details, and because I have  waited for a pack like this for so long, I'll share more screenies and facts than I normally do.

What are those circles in the left side of this landscape? And might the ruins offer a surprise?

We don't know much, but there is already some info on the new rural world. It's named Henford on Bagley, comes with 3 hoods with 4 lots each. I have been so worried for the lot sizes, because I already have plans for an upcoming world, where I will need to move an already built house to a 64x64 lot. But how rare are those huge lots these days? I nearly fell off my chair when it was confirmed that there is indeed a 64x64 lot in Henford!

The style fits my bill perfectly, although my build might not fit in too well, but hey ho, I'll slightly adjust it or make up a story explaining it :) I'm really looking forward to see the world map.

Many say Henford looks British, but I would not protest if I was told that this square is French.

Henford seems to have good community arenas. There is a system where locals will ask for your service, I assume it will be quite like "odd jobs". There are food booths, market place, and at least one local pub (?).

What looks like a waitress might vey well just be a random local. Or is this actually the special shop?

This might be just a picnic table near a food stand, but all those signs give more the vibe of a traditional local pub or bistro. It sure looks cozy :) The picnic basket is back in this pack, btw.

She is back, and we love her!

There is also a well known sim in Henford, namely Agnes Crumplebottom. She is the old prude who will beat you with her purse if you behave any way romantic. In Henford she lives with a cousin, Agatha, and they sell farm produce from a stand (Agatha seen wearing green/yellow). The pure swinging lady will hopefully show up in other worlds too (unless the farming work at home gets too time consuming, of course).

Are they the same old ruins?

There seems to be a certain romantic theme in the pack, but it's probably just there to upset Agnes...

Rabbits will not reproduce. Good there are already many of them... Notice the building style!

Most regarding cottages and farms is in the farmland of course. And nature seems to have a strong focus in this pack, adding a lot to what the farmer do for a living. I think this is the first time in any  TS game that we get rabbits. They are wild , but can be befriended. I'm glad to see they come in many color versions.

I wonder if we can now create swimmable ponds on a lot...

This farm probably show off most of the larger farm stuff. Also note that we get spots for swimming in lake or river, and there are probably also a tool for creating lakes on a lot - we'll need to wait to find out more.

I assume the llama will only allow you to gather its wool if you are a friend. 

No horses in this pack, but Llamas!!! This is also a first, despite llamas being a strong element of the Simlish culture ever since TS1. Sims can gather llama wool. Sims with such wool in their inventory will get a discount when starting a new knitting project (requires Nifty Knitting).
 
Notice the white rabbit in the background - they spawn from the stump that can be placed on any lot in any world.

I'm so glad there are cows! Mostly because their spotted body screams FARM. And if they perform a Mooo occasionally, that will be great, too. I don't know if milk can be turned into butter or  cheese, but milk bottles should be cool too.

It seems like llamas and cows can use the same kind of house, and we are free to line those up as we like, and add a fence. They can move a bit outside their house, and I think most animals including chicken and rabbits can be named.

Chickens are the only to reproduce.

I can't wait to see if the kitchen coop has a n evil bird (like in TS3) that will surprise the sim randomly ;) Only chicken can reproduce. I was hoping for a calf or two, but I'm fine with this.

Looks like the pumpkin comes in many color variations.

The pack also introduce some new plants to grow, such as the pumpkins that can grow extremely large. The larger veggies are very popular at the farmers market, where the sims can attend contests.  

It's so cool that the wild animals interact.

It was interesting to see how the animals interacts. Technically they are no regular sims, so this impressed me a bit. The fox (yes, we're getting foxes) is about to capture the rabbit, when the llama near by spits on the fox, which then run s away. I assume sims will be spitted on as well, depending on their relation with the animal. Perhaps the quality of llama wool and cow milk will be better too if the sim has befriended the animal, or perhaps it just gets a bit harder to get the job done - like we saw in the trailer where the llama sabotaged the wool gathering. I like these details, as long as they make sense.

A befriended rabbit is still considered a wild animal but will normally stay near the friend's house.

Rabbits are wild, but they can be befriended and named. They won't become a household member, but will obviously run to its friend when called for. Rabbits can even wear clothes - this is optional. It's super cute for a few pets, but not for farm animals in general, I think. In end of trailer you'll see a rooster and llama wearing clothes, and cows being painted. I wonder if the new "Animal enthusiast" trait might be needed in order to paint a cow, or will the Erratic do? ;)

Notice the toddler has a sack on its back, I never saw that before.

There's more for kids in Cottage Living. As seen on the picture above, they can sew, and at least a rooster and rabbit design was spotted. The clothes must be available even without the Nifty Knitting SP, so maybe kids can craft them, too? Cooking can now be done as a group activity, and kids can join. There are a few new recipes and Canning is a thing. There is also a new skill, but we don't know which it is yet.

Well, there's quite a deal to look forward to, and I probably mentioned only a tiny bit. The wait is long (July 22) so let's hope EA will publish more details frequently!


No comments:

Post a Comment