Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Saturday 29 January 2022

House de Cavalier Addresses Rumors

(Year 228) Old-Duke Aquess (82) and Old-Duchess Claudine (78) de Cavalier recently sent out a press note to address some rumors that have been around in Brindleton for a while.

- The former Duchess and I, have been upset by recent debates clearly based on misunderstandings. We would like to address both my retirement and our son's disapproved romantic relation.

New official photo from House de Cavalier shows that both old-Duke and old-Duchess are getting older.

Two years ago I handed the Cavalier dukedom to our oldest son, Charlopold Demitris. Yes, it was done strictly against protocol, but with the Royal Chamber's approval. Dukes can not choose to retire because their commitment is life long, as stated by our dukedom's letter of patent (dated Year 98), but under certain circumstances even a duke can apply for help, often referred to as turnaround agreement. If approved, which is not very likely, the duke can step back.

Applying for turnaround agreement is not something a duke will do lightheartedly. Nobody wants to be remembered as the Peer who did not stand his full time. But when health - physical or mental, strikes, one will also need to consider what might benefit the dukedom - and the kingdom -  the better.

My case was of physical character. As you can see, today I'm in a wheelchair. You can indeed administrate a dukedom from such a modern chair, but my age and general health made it clear to me that Charlopold should not need to wait years and years, to get access to his born right. Well, after some research, the Royal Chamber did kindly agree to my inquiry.

However, this has put House de Cavalier in an unclear situation. There is no turnaround agreement available for a Head of House. The only way our son could become Head while I am still alive, would be if I get dismissed by changing my last name - which will never happen, I assure you! So, while Charlopold got the dukedom a few years early, I am still Head of House. This means I still pretty much control the dukedom, too, but Charloman holds our highest title. Knowing him and trusting him, I have no problem with leaving most of my daily businesses to him, but let it also be clear: I am still formally in charge of anything regarding House de Cavalier.

The second thing we'd like to address is Charlopold's ongoing relation to a certain commoner, Luna  Villareal. They met at University but my wife and I had no choice but disapproving their relation to be taken to a next level. We  might be old, but we are not coldhearted or blind, as some magazines have indicated. We were very much in love ourselves, and still believe in true love. We realize that they are still seeing each other unofficially, and that our strict decision might have come across as intolerant. While it is hard seeing how this affects our son, the choice was not that hard. We could have sympathized with a general commoner, despite being less enthusiastic than to a woman from a noble house, but we can not welcome the daughter of this badly reputed Windenburg criminal. Not just any criminal, but the man who tried to kill our friend, Duke Merlin von Windenburg. We ask for understanding that the family names Villareal and Cavalier can never merge through marriage!

Thank you and may Brindleton be blessed!

Hidequarter Manor, Brindleton
Aquess Benedict de Cavalier,
former Duke de Cavalier


No comments:

Post a Comment