Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Saturday 5 September 2020

New feature: Family Tree

Long ago I decided to keep my TS4 residents registry simple, but as you know it has been growing over the years with more and more detailed info. I also decided never ever to add a family tree feature - so yesterday I programmed one :)


All personal details were already in the script, so the job was not overwhelming. The result allows you to easily jump between a person's bio page and family tree. It will certainly be easier for me to keep track on relations.

The set-up is pretty simple, and I didn't spend much efforts on the graphics, either. 

Clicking any portrait will make that person the main person. By pointing at a portrait you will get info on name, age, year of birth and death, and when a person is nobility, it will state whether it's high or low. I will try to involve title when a person is a peer to a peerage, but will probably skip courtesy titles. This needs a little tweaking of the script, so it's not given priority yet. I intended to include a geographical reference, but dropped it as several households have been moving districts making it difficult to set what location should be their official in the tree. But you will find all that on their bio page anyway.

You will see the main person's 2 parents, 4 grandparents and 8 great-grandparents. To the left of the main person't portrait (the largest) you will see siblings (including half-siblings), and to the right you will see all persons that the main person had a romantic relation to (including going steady as a teenager, if it was a tad serious).

Below this you will see any children followed by any grandchildren.

So, all in all you get 6 generations per view! This far I don't think I played any family for that long, but thanks to my historical projects (especially for nobility) I do have lots of info that I've started to add. I will add all original peers (225 years ago!) and their descending lines leading to the families of today, and that you might have met on this blog or in my videos. It's quite fun seeing that some actually descend from the first king, King Baltazar II. I also discovered some cousins and second cousins that I really was not aware of :) Although I have all these details written down, it will take some time to implement it with the family tree script. Some are already in, and it looks a bit messy as those long gone persons have no portrait, but I'll deal with that later, too - either using old paintings, their Coat of Arms or just a generic illustration. I'll post again when it's all ready :)

The family tree can be accessed from each sim's BIO page, or you can click here to access the tree seen in the illustration.

Sep 12, 2020: Huge update adds 225 years of history


No comments:

Post a Comment