Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Wednesday 27 July 2022

Boarding Schools

(Year 229) My kingdom already has several private high schools where students can attend in order to focus on certain skills, without moving out. The Showbiz Academy is one, the traditional Butler Academy another. All those students technically just visit another lot occasionally to study harder.

Now I'm adding two real boarding schools where students will reside during the period that covers most of their life stage. One school is for children (primary) and the other for teenagers (high school), and because they are residential lots with minimum one Principal residing there, the number of students will be vey limited.

HRH Crown Princess Emireze (front left) studies at Summerfield High.

I'm not familiar with real life boarding schools (never was a big thing where I live), so my take on this might be a bit off the real stuff. Still, I'm very much looking forward to sending some kids there. When playing the royal family I quickly noticed that the house gets too full too quickly - there will hardly be room for more than one servant and definitely no pet dog. So what to do? Yup, send those Princes and Princesses away! Same goes for the families of Dukes and perhaps even Counts. They go by different rules, though: While a Monarch can send off all children (within boarding school capacity), the lower ranked peerages will only send their main heir. This way I think the household size limitation might feel less of a problem, and the boarding school capacity will normally be satisfying even if the number of students is very limited.


Sprucewood Prime
The Evergreen Harbor (Region 12) situated boarding school for top society children welcomes up to 5 students (might be 6 periodically, but I fancy the exclusivity). The program covers 8 years, which is seen as 2 terms of 4 years each. The classes will focus on building Motor, Creativity, Mental and Social skills, and students will be kicked out if they can't keep up with expectations which is a B grade. They attend regular school during the day, but if needed one pupil might be held back per day to rather study under the strict Principal's supervising.

They use a class room after dinner, and I guess the activities will depend on the current students. Each student will also elect one skill building hobby activity, and there will be time for games and etiquette, also. Boys and girls sleep in separate rooms, but share meals and most classes. And of course they have uniforms (I skipped the tie, might adjust if I find some suitable CC).

Girls and boys usually wear dark shorts and white long socks, but girls also bring a skirt(B) for special occasions. Only the shorts, jacket, west and gym jacket are standard for all students. Other details like shoes, skirt, socks and hats might vary, but must follow guidelines.

Boys follow the same guidelines as girls, except from the skirt, of course. Shoes are always dark grey to black, while hats can be black/dark grey or even yellow, which is the signature color of Sprucewood Prime. The yellow patch has the motif of a white rabbit.

This boarding school has a certain ECO vibe, and is ran by a couple with no children, but if I see that 5 students is enough, there should not be any problem having a small family residing on the lot, too.

Summerfield High

This high school is located at Summerfield Herrenhouse at Dresden in Windenburg (Region 1), and again it is a residential lot where teenagers will move in to focus on classes and new friendships. The school strives to reach out to high society, housing future monarchs, dukes and counts. New and smart relations might build, too, especially if the parents get in a word. After all they are paying the hefty bill (up to §12,000 per student).

Summerfield High's Principal, Mrs Hettie P. Fartingham, at chemistry class.

The program covers 4 terms (3 years each) plus a «senior year» where the student can catch up in time for the final exam. Students not keeping up with high grades will be expelled with no refunds. There is also a dedicated focus on character values, so these students will mainly be from nobility or very rich families. Who would respect a future Duke who lacks Good manners? Or a military Officer without the talent of Conflict resolution? Subjects like history, etiquette, dress codes, regalia, coat of arms, nectar and gourmet food will also be covered, but without specific skill grade.

A new year awaits at Summerfield High: Principal Mrs. Hettie P. Fartingham (left).
Front row: Amalia Ellice Luxe-Hamper Hoffstar (senior year),
HRH Crown Princess Emireza, Belly "Billy" Bobb.
Back row: Cornelius Dougham, Prince Bazillimus, Lord Richard Stew-Fraisser, Miss Lydia Rubberglow.

For each term these teenagers have two classes according to their skill building progress, plus one elective (hobby skill, 2nd and 3rd term only) + one character value to be supervised by the Principal.

There are plenty of studios/activity rooms with equipment for building various skills, but anything not currently elected will be locked away to avoid distraction.

This time there is more variety as teen boys can bring personal pants and shoes for all occasions, as long as they meet guidelines (gray/blue/black). Also the hats are private, while the rest is standard uniform.

Girls use private shorts/gym pants (C) and a private simple dress (D) for special occasions or classes of etiquette/dancing etc. Shoes and hats are optional, too. The jacket/skirt (A) is their basic uniform.

Party wear is totally private, and of course some students will vary a bit more than allowed when the Principal is out of sight. They live separately, boys or girls. I can't wait to see these teenagers sneak out at night to check out Windenburg's dancing scene - or the vampire legend out on the island, Bluff :)

So, you probably got it - I'm not grabbing the soon to be released High School Years EP - at least not right away. I figured University is enough for my rotation, but getting the youngster out of the highly noble houses AND building their character values in a more effective way, I think these two new boarding schools will be useful.

While talking of high schools - some years ago I made a video to show how I played (and still play) my private high schools without mods.


4 comments:

  1. Hi, hi! I think it’s really cool the way you solved the problem of family size limitation. How many children/teens does the Monarch have? And I love the idea of boarding schools being residential lots with a Director living there. I think it will be very interesting!
    Things I love so much: boys and girls sleeping in separate rooms; and the uniforms, which are really cool!
    Wow! Summerfield High is pretty expensive! But when I read your description of it and even I wanted to study there! I really love the subjects they will study! And the photo with the noble students is amazing!
    I was also impressed with your video and the organization of your schools! Your attention to details is amazing! And I loved the interview with the students.
    Your blog is a great find! I feel happy reading it! Thank you so much for sharing your scenario! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Yes, it's quite expensive, there is a big discount when paying all 12 years in advance, but I might also fine tune the cost later - nothing is written in sone and I like the thought of some prominent person complaining that the Principal is way too greedy, LOL. King Tarriot and Queen Venezia have 4 children, and in addition the king's half-sister is part of the family. With one employee (the Royal Chief Attendant who manages press, events, builds etc) the household is full already. You can access their details incl. family tree here

      Delete
    2. I am absolutely in awe of your world!!! Everything is very organized, detailed, well thought out! Congratulations on your amazing work and thanks for sharing it with us. I'm still seeing things in the link you gave me. Have a great day! 😃

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much, Sally! My website with family and community information has really grown toooo big, LOL. I'm pretty sure that even if you look around thoroughly in there, you will only see 25% of the content :) Right now I'm planning a new news feature that I think will be both cool and useful. So much is going on that I needs more ways for a better overview. But first, the 5 years election is coming up so I guess I should focus on that. Can't wait to see who will get those seats at The People Chamber.

      Delete