Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Friday 2 December 2022

Announcing New Inter-SimNational Advertising Service!

(Year 230, Spring) Would you like more variety when it comes to advertising in your city? How about displaying advertisements featuring artists and vacation destinations from other simmers, while they see similar poster ads from your TS4 universe?

Let's get creative with the What's Happening Sign (City Living pack required).

Wait no longer, because the Wazzup service is here! I'm starting a brand new updating service providing advertisement exchange! Let's actualize those boards together!

********

Sorry guys. Moderators moved the annoncement from TS4 general forum to a forum mainly for downloads. This was intended as much more than a download, it was meant as a service to help simmers getting their own sims advertised in their game. So - because I can't get committed to a 6 months project where the announcement is hidden in a corner where regular simmers won't see it, I decided to cancel the entire idea. The original CC can still be downloaded. There won't be monthly versions, but I might release a new set sometime into the future.

Sorry, I thought it would be a great idea.

********


Back in the TS1 era, I ran the SUN-community where many simmers signed up their game community to share knowledge and guest write as sims on my site, but also to participate in common festivals and welcoming superstars touring across games. It was fun bringing in elements from other games. I'm not sure if something similar already exists for TS4, but I reckon it would be much harder to manage.

Still, we can blend our stories by exchanging ads, don't you think?

On this new Wazzup service, nearly anything from your game universe can be shared:

- Premiering movie/recording/show featuring your celebrities.

- Fashion Houses can (with help of your local models and poses?) show off their latest trends.

- Authors can advertise their new novel.

- Businesses can share their unique adverts.

- Travel Agencies can advertise their hottest holiday location and vacation homes.

- Many community lots including restaurants, cafĂ©s and retail stores can  advertise their offers.

- High schools and universities might use this opportunity to reach new students.

- And probably a lot more!

The real cool thing is that you will see all these CC advertisements in your own city area, on already existing What's Happening Signs (City Living EP is required)! placed not only on lots, but also those in common grounds like squares and pavements. The ads will rotate in random order (like before). In addition ads will be displayed on those indoor boards outside city apartments :)

So, how will this be possible?

I will create a CC file that you will download to place in your  mods folder. It will replace the original content of the What's Happening Sign for as long as you keep it. When removed, everything will be as before. Every month I will upload a new version of the CC file, with new advertisements included - that's where you might like to toss in one ad, too? You can of course use the CC file even if you don't advertise. And you can alternate with several versions as you like (but only one file in your mods folder at a time).

Each update will feature a total of 9 rotating ads. Some might be reused if there are not enough new contributions. The update will not affect the frame material of your boards.

I will try to provide 3-4 new ads in every update. I will also include any advertisements sent to me at wazzup@hinsides.no - but they must meet the rules listed below:

Rules for the board graphics:

1. Vertical: Width = 340 pixels, height = 512 pixels (if minor gap, I might add black fields to fill in).
2. PNG format is perfect, but I can convert your image as long as I manage to open it.
3. No illegal content (when in doubt, I have the right to say no even if you disagree)
4. No RL photo - only Sims 4 graphics or matching.
5. No plain in game screenshot. It must be a poster with minimum text and a certain selling point. Visually it can be as simple or artistic as you like. Plain text ads will be accepted, too.
6. Your poster doesn't need to make sense, as long as it looks like an advertisement.
7. Avoid seasonal stuff like Winterfest etc, because many games don't follow the RL calendar.
8. Text must be in Simlish (free fonts are easy to find online, I got mine at modthesims). I can help adding the text only if my schedule allows it.
9. Depending on the interest, each simmer might be limited to 1 advertisement running at the time, but you can send me several ads if you like, and I'll queue them for future updates. When available slots you might be allowed 2 ads in the same update. If you don't send a second poster later, your first contribution might re-appear in future versions.

First issue can be downloaded from my downloads page today. First chance to get your own ad included will be December 15th, then January 15th and so on. Previous versions will stay available to download.

In this thread on the TS4 forums you can check status on upcoming updates, ask questions, post your ads (alternative to mailing), and of course spreading the word. This service will run until May 15th 2023, or for as long as there is enough interest.

My downloads page


2 comments:

  1. I've just downloaded it. I found your idea fantastisk! 💚 Don't give up on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your support! With no way to reach more simmers, I don't see how the project can be proceeded, though.

      Delete