Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Tuesday 7 February 2023

Newspaper!

(Year 230, Summer) I've been wanting to add a newspaper feature to my game for years, and finally I got to it! Mazaloom kingdom now has their onlne newspaper, the Mazaloom Times! There are more newspapers in a kingdom, of course, but well, I had to pick one...

This how the very first web edition looks. Of course, there were already some adjusting...

This feature is based on a mix of content, but common is that you can only see the current version, there's no looking back and no archives. Main news reflect the blog articles that are stuff taking place in my game, and not about my game. So - the many household articles will never be seen in the newspaper, and neither the how-I-play articles. Politics, celebrities and misc cuktural stuff might be in the newspaper. In other words, there will be much content on this blog that you won't find published by Mazaloom Times.

A newspaper will of course offer columns. You will find family notes like births, weddings, divorces, deaths and more, all automatically added from my residents registry, so I actually won't need to update these kind of things. There is also Lost & Found, which might add to certain sims' character, or simply be a tad funny. 

Finally, there will be ads, and they might change according to season. Who wants to buy knitted sweaters in Summer? Some ads are general and will re-occur later, while otheres are time specific, like a movie premiering. Ads might contain in-game objects, costum content (CC) created by me, or they will be "true" in-game commercials promoting anything from Judith Ward's latest movie to the next vacation suggested by my Travels Agency, Way 2 Go Travels.

Ads and columns are not found on this blog, so perhaps you like to keep an eye on both? While blog is updated every 2 or 3 days, the newspaper will most likely update occasionally or per season (each season takes a couple RL months).

How fun would it be if this was a true in-game feature? The game knows what is going on, and in addition sims could be able to submit their notes to misc columns. There could even be a Newspaper Editor career. EA Games; let me know if you want some detailed input on this matter, LOL.

Mazaloom Times is linked from top of this blog, but also from the Community pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment