Welcome! :) On this blog you will find stories, how i play and videos created with The Sims 4, but also a few projects from older game versions can be found in the Archive. The old TS3 stories have their own blogs. Most long going stories have a main page with index of updates.

Check out Simmerville's Youtube channel!

I'm no longer on Tumblr! I refused to give all their 3rd parties unlimited access to my computer. Link still works, but no updates.

News May 2022: Mazaloom History Book.

Friday 12 September 2014

Detesters - 4 - Bright light!

Hector and Pauline have a guest staying for a couple nights, Hector's teen daughter, Annie. She normally lives with her mom and step dad, but they are abroad at the moment.

It's no secret that Pauline detests the situation.


Pauline: You have been in there for one hour already! Nobody asked you to waste all the hot water!

Annie (in bathroom): Ah, not again, Polly! If you leave me alone I might get done before dinner!

Pauline: Hrmf...!


Annie: You shouldn't eat ice cream for breakfast, Polly! Cereals would do you way better!

Pauline: I decide what to eat when, thank you! And for your information, young girl, I skipped the chocolate sauce!

Annie: Aw, really? Congratulations!

Hector: Annie, that was not nice of you! You will now have to clean the kitchen afterwards!

Annie: I can't, dad! Elias will pick me up in 15 minutes. He got a new motor bike, we'll drive to the ponds. He might come for dinner tonight!


When Hector and Pauline checked today's email from Twinbrook Imports, Inc. they found a nice surprise! They had been promoted! Today they will be testing wall lamps!

Pauline: I'm promoted! Ha!

Hector: It said that every day we can keep one item that we tested, and will get paid that item's value!

Pauline: I bet they will keep us down by only sending cheap socks and other inexpensive clutter! I don't really trust this career, Hector!

Hector: I think it works well! I didn't expect a promotion this early! Let's unpack the goods and get started!

The crates contained a total of 8 wall lamps, plus a few extras.


(First testing: "Wall mounted bare bulb" by Cyclonesue (TSR), Lightbulb Scounce by EA store, MacTavish Inn Wall Torch by lilliebou (TSR).)

Pauline: Ohhh! Ohhh! Too much, too much! I can't see a thing!

Hector: Stop it! Of course the light is bright, but if I can see the light, so can you!

Pauline: I need to equip! I'll be right back, please don't start the testing!


Pauline: Much better! Now that I'm promoted and all, I'm ready!

Hector: Lamps are quite cheap, we don't wanna keep any of these! But they work.

Pauline: They definitely work! Even with sunglasses, the light is bright.


(Testing Curious Wall Lamp and Small Shady Wall Lamp, both by DOT (TSR).)

Hector: Why did you change the colours?

Pauline: Just testing. Red and purple works fine! I'm leaving to you to test the dimming! Just don't turn the light brighter!

Hector: Dimming works, too! And the lamps attach nicely to our kitchen wall.

Pauline: Hey, Hector... this reminds me of the pub where we met! Your skin was pale green'ish back then, too! I thought, poor guy, I better bring some happiness into his life!

Hector: In fact, you were quite happy for a couple days... I can vaguely recall...


(Testing Morocco Wall Lamp by Sandy (Around The Sims), Nitrogen Wall Lamp by wondymoon (TSR), Bazaar Wall Lamp by Parsimonious.)

Pauline: Holy moly, these lamps are weird! I feel like smashing them!

Hector: I like the blue one! Maybe that's the one to keep?

Pauline: Why did you just say I was happy for just a couple days? Didn't I bring joy to your life?

Hector: Sure, sure...

Pauline: If you could have only one, me or the blue wall lamp, which would you choose?

Hector: Hmfr...


Hector: I wonder if this is the same newspaper that I read yesterday, it seems familiar...

Annie: Polly, do you really sleep on that sofa every single evening? Why don't you rather go for a walk and save the sleeping for later?

Pauline: No, no... awwgg... I was NOT sleeping. Not at all. Just resting. We've been working all day while you and Elias were doing nothing at the ponds!

Annie: Well... he will not be over for dinner... we... we broke up! It's over!

Pauline: Good!


After dinner, Pauline and Hector wanted to report today's testing results.

Annie: Dating, dating... online dating...

Pauline: Annie-Penny! Would it be possible for you to think that a computer in a house might prefer to be used by its true owners?

Annie: Sigh... my lap broke down and needs fixing. I'm just... checking my mail... and Facebook... and Elias' Twitter... and my friends' Instagram... and...

Pauline: Make sure to check the news too, from all over the world, in case your mom's airplane did crash! Can't all what you just listed wait just one more day? Tomorrow you will leave.. indeed ... (smiling inside).

Well, eventually they got access to the computer, and reported that all lamps were fine, and that they wanted to keep the blue "Bazaar Wall Lamp", worth §150.


Just before bedtime, Hector and Pauline went for a walk. It's their regular route, to the end of the road and back.

Hector: Look at all those stars! There are small lamps everywhere!

Pauline: Yes... and no bulbs needing to be replaced up there either. Hector, are you ready to grow old?

Hector: What? Is it Annie who makes you feel older? I wish she could move in with us, I think she likes you!

Pauline: Eh... nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment